Rotate Android Screen

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by chuckkahn, Mar 8, 2015.

1. chuckkahn

chuckkahn Junior Member

The Android 4.2.2 screen appears in landscape mode, how do I rotate for a more phone-like portrait mode?

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Chuck,
    Parallels Desktop allows you to use Android Virtual Machine in Landscape mode only, we would pass on this information to our development team. Please stay tuned for future updates.

3. Robert_Lo

Robert_Lo Bit poster

Hi
    Now I have same issue as well. Currently, I installed Android 4.4 X86 version on the Parallels Desktop 10 and it is working properly. However, there is one particular Android App which would only work on the portrait mode. For now, the only thing I can do to get used to the way this App position now. I do hope that the windows for this APP could be rotated back so that I don't tilt my head when looking at it.

4. Chris_H

Chris_H Bit poster

The only way is to rotate the screen through Mac OS X settings which is a pain. VirtuaBox allows 90 degrees rotations with the Function Keys. Fortunately I have an older HP tilt screen for page reading mode, however I still have to rotate the screen settings as it's upside down to the monitor orientation. Ya'd think Parallels would allow some keys to rotate in 90 degree steps for all VM's.

5. StephenA7

StephenA7 Bit poster

This question was originally asked (over) 3 years ago now, and it was even asked year before that. Can anyone at Parallels tell me if there is a plan to fix it? Manoj stated this would be passed to the dev team, so was that done? Are we likely to get a fix? This is functionality that even the free tools have, and we are paying for parallels.

6. Chris_H

Chris_H Bit poster

I just got a second hand/genre junk Samsung Tab to play M.U.L.E. Returns and some of the other games. I don't count on Parallel's to do much. I just went to the Dark Side to Boot Camp to get DirectX 12 support..Although Metal 2 supports the shaders that is claimed can't be mapped. Apple is pushing Metal 2 and next Mac OS X is to support Ipad apps...This is where the marketers are going.