Port forwarding into VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MaxS2, Sep 17, 2016.

1. MaxS2

MaxS2 Bit poster

Hi,

I just updated from PD10 to PD12. I need to forward a specific port (lets say tcp port 5000) into a specific VM using shared networking.
    How can I configure this on PD12? I did not find any specific settings in the general configuration window, also the VM-specific
    networking settings do not show anything like that. Where did the settings window from PD10 go?
    How can i set a port forwarding otherwise?

Regards,
    MaxS2

2. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi MaxS2,
    Port forwarding feature is available only with Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro edition. Please check this link to upgrade your copy of Parallels Desktop to Pro edition.
    Thanks.

3. MaxS2

MaxS2 Bit poster

Thank you for your response. But if I understand this correctly, I have to do a paid update to Parallels Desktop Pro Edition. No page I found and consulted before my order and payment for Parallels Desktop 12 mentions that port forwarding is exclusive for the Pro Edition, neither do the resources you linked.
    Especially since my "old" license of Parallels Desktop 10 allowed this feature, it seems stupid to me to buy an Update and receive less features, one which is crucial
    for the use of my VM. So bridged networking is my only solution?
    Does this even work?

Regards,
    MaxS2

4. MarceloR1

MarceloR1 Bit poster

I have de same problem. I don't believe that after pay for upgrade do PD 12, I need pay again to PRO Version to use one feature that exists at DESKTOP previous version.

5. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @MaxS2 ,
    It's clearly mentioned on our page in the comparison chart that advanced networking tools are available only in Parallels Desktop pro/business edition.
    [​IMG]

6. JohanS4

JohanS4 Bit poster

This really sucks for us little guys that supported Parallels since v7. :(

AlB2 likes this.