Drivers Installation Failing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by majorgar, Sep 26, 2007.

1. majorgar

majorgar Bit poster

Problem: keyboard, trackpad not functional in bootcamp XP.

After a "repair" to my Windows XP bootcamp OS (needed due to a 5160 upgrade) four XP bootcamp drivers did not install: apple keyboard, trackpad, IR, and bluetooth. This has rendured those devices inoperable in XP. XP tries to install the Apple keyboard and trackpad every time I boot into XP. It fails installing the drivers, everytime. I have noticed 4 errors appear in the XP system "event viewer" every time I boot into XP. They are: 1. The parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it; 2. Timeout(30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Parallels Coherence Service service to connect; 3. The Parallels coherence service service failed to start duto to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion; 4. The following boot-start or system driver(s) failed to load: PrINP. The device manager shows two instances of the Apple Internal Keyboard as Human Interface Devices (driver repair/uninstall/reinstal/update all fail since there are no files associated with the drivers) and the internal keyboard is not found in the keyboard devices.

The keyboard works fine in parallels. If I then push the apple keyboard to XP via parallels destop-> USB-> keyboard/trackpad, they become non-functional, the drivers try to install and the install fails.

It seems like my bootcamp XP is running as though it is configured like the parallels VM XP since it is halting the driver installs (and the errors noted in the event viewer). I would appreciate any suggestions to rid XP of the system errors identified in the system event viewer and to get my keyboard and trackpad drivers installed so that I can use them in XP again.

Macbook Pro 17", 2GB, bootcamp 1.4, windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates; Parallels 5160.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  2. majorgar

majorgar Bit poster

Any thoughts on this problem? Others have seen similar issues with their keyboards not responding. Despite searching both here and the bootcamp forum, I have not found a solution which works. I have removed parallels tools and the bootcamp drivers from XP, still the driver install fails. Anybody know how to manually remove files for the Apple keyboard driver so that I can try to get the installer to work?