Documents will not print with Parallels 12

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Parallels User, Aug 30, 2016.

1. TimS3

TimS3 Bit poster

Printing lock up ? Noticed if i print an email from Outlook 2013 on version 12 it open adobe reader but the print dialogue box opens behind all the open windows and you cannot tab or access it, until its OK'ed you can't access any screens under Windows and need to crash windows.
    Mac stays operational. running Win 8.1

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If possible share a screenshot to check and assist.

3. LaszloM2

LaszloM2 Bit poster

Hi!

I use parallels 12.1.1(41491) and win7, I have this message: "There was an internal error and Parallels Desktop is unable to print this document"".
    I unchecked Shared Printers and make sure the "show page setup options before printing" . Then it works, but i want to print to pdf from win.
    What is my problem? An other macmini it is work, but on my new MacbookPro is doesn't.
    Thank you

4. SisaJ

SisaJ Bit poster

Hello,

I have the same problem. Do you have any solution to solve this? I can print only without configuration window, but this way of printing is unusable after a while (temporary it is ok).
    Report ID is: 144231897

Thanks,
    Janos

5. AlainN1

AlainN1 Bit poster

as suggested in this thread, uncheck "show page setup options before printing" under shared printers. See the screenshot (with a french version). It will (normally) work again but the problem is, as written, that you can't setup the options of your printer anymore. We're all expecting a fix for this...
    Niko

Attached Files:

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi,
    Try updating Parallels Desktop 12 to the latest version then check the issue persists or not.

7. AlainN1

AlainN1 Bit poster

Hi everyone
    upgraded today..check the option for printing again and try.... suspens..
    yesss.. it works now ! Welcome back to this functionality !
    Niko

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that the issue with printing is resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

9. dife

dife Junior Member

Hi. I have Parallel 13.3.0 and does not print. When unchecked "Show page .." it prints, but with zero length.
    It worked fine in Parallel 11.

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello dife, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

11. dife

dife Junior Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the latest version of Parallel (build 43321)
    Despite I have updated Parallel Tools, I have reinstalled right now.
    Prints nothing. I have tested with real printer (Job stopped, most probably, because empty)
    With PDF printer (ie. printing into pdf) results in zero length file.
    I tried Win10, Win7, WinXP, non of them works in 13.3

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly follow the instructions from this link < https://kb.parallels.com/en/111997 > and check if it helps.

13. dife

dife Junior Member

This link is about installing/sharing MacOS printer with VM via Parallel.
    It is done. The VM know the printer even the default one.
    The printing process starts (only with unchecked the "Show page setup option before printing")
    The Printer on the Dock of MAC appears, pdf file is created, BUT with zero length.
    When I choose real printer, the process is the same, nothing is printed.
    BTW, I have been using Parallel since 3.x, in the last 10 years there was no problem with printing .

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know how the printer is connected to the Mac and VM.

15. dife

dife Junior Member

This is the MAC printer preferences: These work fine from MAC
    Next screenshot about printers in Windows 7. When I start printing test page, it starts printing as you can see on the 3rd picture. However, the saved pdf is empty.
    I also uploaded the printer sharing setup in Parallels.

Attached Files:

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi dife,
    Are you trying to use the Vip PDF Printer and it is not working? Have you tried with the other printers to print? Is it printing?

17. dife

dife Junior Member

When printing to real printer, this is the result. From MAC it prints correctly, but from Parallels empty page is received ..

Attached Files:

18. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

I'm getting the same error on PD14.1.3 with Windows 10 1903. I suspect the latest PD update broke something.

19. Hi, did you reinstall Parallels Tools and check? Are you able to print from Mac side?

20. JosefP3

JosefP3 Bit poster

Got the same problem after parallels update :(
    It would be great to receive some help