Don't lose windows application focus when menu appears in fullscreen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by GregWaterloo, Apr 21, 2018.

1. GregWaterloo

GregWaterloo Junior Member

Hi,

I often find that my mouse drifts up towards the top of the screen when I am in full screen mode with a windows guest. When this happens, the parallels menu bar appears (which is great). But then once, I drag the mouse back down and have the menu bar disappear, I find that the windows app I was working with has lost focus so I have to click on the app again. Often times this is very disruptive because I may have just finished selecting a bunch of text to copy and now I have to select that text again, because the click to focus the window also deselected the text.

it would be better if parallels didn't defocus the foreground app with the mac parallels menu appeared.

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello GregWaterloo, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. GregWaterloo

GregWaterloo Junior Member

I have reinstalled Parallels Tools and it behaves the same.

Specifically, I have this setup:
    • Windows 10 running in full screen on 3 monitors
    • full screen using all available monitors
    • Displays have separate spaces enabled
    I am running Visual Studio in windows. I have a code file open and the cursor is positioned within that file.
    I move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and the parallels menu bar slides down from the top of the screen.
    I move the mouse cursor off the menu bar to have it slide away.

at this point, I would expect windows to not even know that this had happened and I can continue typing. However, now Visual studio's code editing window is no longer selected so if I start typing, the characters do not go into the window that had focus before the menu popped up.

4. CharlesS7

CharlesS7 Bit poster

Thank you!!!! I have the same issue with the same software and drives me nuts (it has to happen at least 100 times a day)!!

5. CharlesS7

CharlesS7 Bit poster

Worse yet, when I move the mouse, the mac menu bar wont disappear. It just stays there. I have to click in VS window which of course moves my mouse cursor....