Ability to export to VMWare or VirtualBox format

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by thomasf6, Sep 12, 2017.

1. thomasf6

thomasf6 Bit poster

Because i work on both PC and Mac it would be nice to be able to move between the two more easily. I have tried the VMWare tool and it does not seem to work. I need a way move the virtual machine between the two systems.
    If I could just put the vm on a flash or external hard drive and be able to plug it into my PC and work on it then plug it back into my Mac and work on it again. I've had one Mac die on me and had no way to get to my work on my vm and lost a week's worth of work because of it.
    That or make a version of Parallels for the PC. I have tried the conversion tool several years ago and it did not work at all.

Even if there was a way to be given a choice in what format you want to save the vm in aka vmx/vmdk.

JayM12, AHunter3, hux and 10 others like this.
  2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

3. thomasf6

thomasf6 Bit poster

I've tried the conversion tool and it just does not seem to want to convert my vm.
    The article you suggested was for VMWare to Parallels. I need one that goes from Parallels to VMWare, so what i am trying to do is export a Parallels vm to another vm program.

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @thomasf6 We do not have any information regarding the issue you are facing. Please contact the virtual machine manufacturer(Which want to convert) for more information.

5. thomasf6

thomasf6 Bit poster

Lol thats why i am contacting you "Parallels" you are the vm manufacturer.
    I would like to see in the next version a way to "Export" my vm into a format that can be read by another virtual machine package like VMWare, because i move back and forth between PC and Mac.

6. DARIOL

DARIOL Bit poster

Add converter tool to convert to / from oter virtual disks directly into parallels desktop please

7. AyeshhA

AyeshhA Bit poster

The article you suggested was for VMWare to Parallels. I need one that goes from Parallels to VMWare, so what i am trying to do is export a Parallels vm to another vm program.
    Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020