"resume' guest os takes some time to load again?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by NenadS2, Apr 24, 2018.

1. NenadS2

NenadS2 Bit poster

I run PD13 Mac on High Sierra 10.13.3 and have installed Mavericks as a guest OS. Mavericks is very basic, I need it only for one simple administration app and that runs well. When I quit guest and Paralles and later want to start again, after starting parallel I see that guest OS is suspended. When resume, it takes about 3 minutes to start it. Is this normal? Is there a way to make it boot faster than that?

thank you,

Nenad

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @NenadS2 , please check if the same lagging happens when you shutdown the guest OS instead of suspending it.

3. NenadS2

NenadS2 Bit poster

Yes, it also take few minutes to finally come to desktop of Mavericks guest OS. I tried it twice, first shut down thru menu then start with control centre and also shut down the Mavericks, quit parallels and staring again. About 3 minutes takes to be able to work again in guest os. I have given Mavericks resource usage to No Limit, CPU 4 (I have 2x3.33GHz 6 cores) RAM 8192MB (I have 64), Graphics 512MB (I have 1GB).

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @NenadS2 , please let us know how much free space you have on your Mac HDD.

5. NenadS2

NenadS2 Bit poster

Free space on Macintosh HD is 57.17 GB

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Do you have any Antivirus ( Avira ) installed in the Mac side?

7. NenadS2

NenadS2 Bit poster

8. NenadS2

NenadS2 Bit poster

Will there be more replays on this? I still have the same problem