Kali 2018.2 Parrells tools issue

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by KaiC1, May 2, 2018.

1. KaiC1

KaiC1 Bit poster

Hello,

So A new install of kali 2018.2 uses the 4.15 Kernel.

Followed the install guides as well as various other fixes however the installer tries and fails to install the print driver that has already been installed manually before hand.

Is there an update or work around for this yet ?

2. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

I had the same problem. It's a confirmed bug in Parallels Tools, you will have to wait for a new version with a fix.

3. Ian7

Ian7 Bit poster

I created a ticket for this because I wanted to make sure this problem wasn't just echo-chambering here in the forums. I got the typical non-committal response:

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

We have escalated the issue you reported to the Development Team and they are working to address it in one of the future builds of Parallels Desktop for Mac.

To enable automatic updates, from the Parallels Desktop Menu, select Preferences > General > Download Updates Automatically.

While we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at the corresponding knowledge base article page:

- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac updates summary: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

We will create a new ticket should we have an update or more questions for you.

Thanks for reporting this problem - though honest feedback, good or bad, we are able to provide better products and services to all members of the Parallels Community.
    After that, they closed the ticket as "resolved."

The code change in the kernel that broke parallel's guest tools was made in September of last year -- 7 months ago. You can read more about it here:
    https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu.../?id=686fef928bba6be13cabe639f154af7d72b63120

So much for purchasing the "Pro" license of Parallels.

4. LaurentW1

LaurentW1 Bit poster

Still no solutions ?
    I'm having the same problem with the kali 2018.2...
    July now, does anyone have a solution to offer ?

5. DarkstarTom

DarkstarTom Bit poster

6. LaurentW1

LaurentW1 Bit poster

Thanks DarkstarTom, I don't get the relation between this and the issue I had, but it did the trick!