Coherence & Ubuntu 16.04.04

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by CarrollV1, May 20, 2018.

1. CarrollV1

CarrollV1 Bit poster

Hi everyone, does coherence mode work for anyone here with Ubuntu 16.04.04 LTS in Parallels 13? For me it is permanently greyed out after following a default Ubuntu VM install and loading parallels tools. It says I may need to logout to enable it. Back when I previously subscribed and had Parallels 11, I was able to use coherence mode with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS right out of the box without doing anything.

Not impressed with the state of Parallels between the issue with coherence and not supporting the latest Ubuntu LTS. Think I am going to request a refund if this cannot be quickly resolved.

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Best Answer
    @CarrollV1, we have released an update for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac version 13.3.1 with the fix for this issues. Please download an installation image here.

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @CarrollV1, not sure what happens with Coherence mode. I've created a support ticket for you, our team will contact you soon for troubleshooting.

4. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Our Engineering Team had identified the issue and working on the fix.

CarrollV1 likes this.
  6. Dmitry@Parallels

Best Answer
    @CarrollV1, we have released an update for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac version 13.3.1 with the fix for this issues. Please download an installation image here.

7. CarrollV1

CarrollV1 Bit poster

Thanks Dmitry. I upgraded to 18.04 with the new Parallels and coherence is working again along with all the development tools I need!