Parallels Desktop 13 does not see bootcamp windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by IvanB4, Sep 27, 2017.

1. IvanB4

IvanB4 Bit poster

On my MB ProI have windows 10 Pro installed on bootcamp partition. Did clean install of High Sierra and now ParallelsDesktop does not see bootcamp and want to download win 10. I tried Parallels, new route but nothing work, like there was no bootcamp. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Ivan

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @IvanB4 , we are aware of this issue and we are working on it. Please subscribe to this article to get notified by our updates.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @IvanB4, we released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 1 (13.1.0-43108) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

4. Linolil

Linolil Member

I have Parallels Desktop 13.3.0 (43321) installed on a new Macbook Pro.
    There is a new Windows 10 Home installation on a newly configured Book Camp partition.
    Parallels Desktop does not see it as an installation option under File/New

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Linolil, Kindly follow the steps below and then try to create a Bootcamp virtual machine.
    1.Reboot the Mac and hold down Command + R keys simultaneously after you hear the startup chime, this will boot OS X into Recovery Mode
    2.When the "OS X Utilities" screen appears, pull down the 'Utilities' menu at the top of the screen instead, and choose "Terminal"
    3.Type the following command into the terminal then hit return: "csrutil disable; reboot"
    4.You'll see a message saying that System Integrity Protection has been disabled and the Mac needs to restart for changes to take effect, and the Mac will then reboot itself automatically, just let it boot up as normal

6. Linolil

Linolil Member

Sorry -- Too little, Too late.
    Your telephone support logged into my Mac, looked at things and installed a new VM setup.
    I have since deleted the Boot Camp partition and given up on that option as being to time consuming.

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Perfect, I am sorry for the delay in response. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.