Windows 7 Install Parallels 8

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Alfbk11204, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Alfbk11204

Alfbk11204 Bit poster

i have the 64bit .iso i created from my dvd. I attempt to load it but when it goes to install screen it fails to load any of the drives, i.e...trying to boot from sata drive failed. No boot device is installed. What could i be doing wrong here? thank you!

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Which OS is it? Are you trying to install it or have you been using it for a while? what happened that caused an issue? an update? force stop?

3. Alfbk11204

Alfbk11204 Bit poster

I was trying to install windows 7 ultimate edition from scratch. I just recently installed parallels 8, i used to have parallels on my MBP and everything worked fine.
    This is my mac mini im trying to install it to, so it's my first go around trying to install windows 7 on it. The windows 8 download and install worked flawlessly, but i need the 7. I have to .iso on my desktop and that didn't work, i then put it on a 4gb usb and tried it that way and got the same errors. It fails to see any of the drives and goes right into the network boot.

4. Alfbk11204

Alfbk11204 Bit poster

I was trying to install windows 7 ultimate edition from scratch. I just recently installed parallels 8, i used to have parallels on my MBP and everything worked fine.
    This is my mac mini im trying to install it to, so it's my first go around trying to install windows 7 on it. The windows 8 download and install worked flawlessly, but i need the 7. I have to .iso on my desktop and that didn't work, i then put it on a 4gb usb and tried it that way and got the same errors. It fails to see any of the drives and goes right into the network boot.

5. PoojaG1

PoojaG1 Bit poster

You can follow the below Steps:
    Step 1: Install Parallels Desktop for Mac. Step 2: Download Windows. Step 3: Create a new virtual machine. Step 4: Select an installation media. Step 5: Enter your Windows product key. Step 6: Select how you want to use Windows. Step 7: Specify a name and location. Step 8: Begin the installation.

6. ShattaW

ShattaW Bit poster

The windows 8 download and install worked flawlessly, but i need the 7. I have to .iso on my desktop and that didn't work,You can also get songs like E.L i then put it on a 4gb usb and tried it that way and got the same errors. Hillsong Young & Free Just Jesus Lyrics

7. B.J1

B.J1 Bit poster

Duh! Been there, done that. It's after that the install fails as described above. Some real help on this issue would be nice.

I lost Windows 7 somehow when I updated my iMac to macOS 10.13. I've been trying to reinstall it, but no joy. The Parallels 13.3 installer seems to be broken.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try to follow the steps given below and create a new Windows 7 virtual machine.
    1. Download a new Windows disk image file.
    2. Follow http://kb.parallels.com/4729 to prepare for Windows installation, using the disk image file downloaded earlier.
    3. In the screen saying "Name and Location" on the top, select 'Customize settings before installation' and click on 'Continue'.
    4. In the virtual machine configuration window that appears, navigate to Hardware -> CD/DVD, select 'Choose an image file...' in the drop-down menu for 'Source:', navigate to the disk image file in the window that appears, highlight it and click on 'Open' (which mounts the disk image file on to the virtual machine).
    5. Then, navigate to Hardware -> Boot Order and, in the list of devices for 'Boot order:', make 'CD/DVD' as the first boot device.
    6. Close the configuration window, proceed with the installation and finish it.
    7. Install Parallels Tools (see http://kb.parallels.com/115835 for assistance).
    8. Shut down Windows, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> Boot Order and, in the list of devices for 'Boot order:', make 'Hard Disk 1' as the first boot device.
    9. Close the window and start up Windows.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello B.J1, we have received your response by e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth (i.e., if you are seeing this message in your mailbox right now, then do not respond to this e-mail - just visit the thread you posted in before and provide your response there).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Except that I cannot download an English version of the ISO file. When it accepted my serial number the only language available was Korean. Now all I get is an error message when I try to verify my perfectly good serial number. Microsoft is, well, Microsoft. Which is to say they are unreliable.

So, I followed your procedure using my Windows DVD. After the installation went a few steps I got the same error window. The same thing happens whether I set the boot order to DVD or hard drive. After I click the OK button in the window regarding using real Windows. I get the following message saying the the boot manager is missing:

Restarting does no good. The same window appears.
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looks like we have little choice here other than try and obtain a fully-functional installation media.