Difficulties with Parallels Toolbox and Find Duplicates tool

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by TedB2, Jun 29, 2018.

1. TedB2

TedB2 Bit poster

I upgraded to Parallels 13 two days ago, but was unable to download the companion "Parallels Toolbox" application using the "Preferences/Toolbox" button; a download problem was identified on each attempt. After many attempts, I searched for the Parallels Toolbox website and downloaded Parallels Toolbox from there.

Once installed, I used the "Find Duplicates" tool and performed some cleanup. However, after having cleaned several folders, I am now experiencing complete computer lockup very frequently when I encounter cases where I choose to not delete duplicates. Upon clicking the "<" target or "Scan Again" target, the tool's right side (where the list of duplicate files is displayed) collapses by about 90% and then my computer freezes completely, excepting that I can still move the cursor using my mouse or trackpad. All other functionality is lost including a response to the key combination "OPT/CMD/EXC". My only option then is to force the computer to power down and restart it. I have not yet been able to identify a unique repeatable sequence that consistently reproduces this result.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    OSX: 10.10.5
    Parallels Toolbox: Version 2.6.0 (1613)

2. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Hello
    Can you help me in investigation of this problem
    Can you launch Activity Monitor application, choose Find Duplicate in list, choose Sample Process and send result here in attachment (see screenshot)?

Best regards
    Kirill Bagrinovsky

Attached Files:

3. TedB2

TedB2 Bit poster

Files are attached as requested.
    The attached TXT files include one taken before scanning and one taken after. The file generated during scanning was too large to attach.
    My computer again locked twice while acquiring these files, but with further attempts to identify the sequence of events leading to lockup, I couldn't make it lock again.
    The JPG file displays another error seen during this time and the PDF file indicates the button clicked to cause the problem.
    Thank you for responding to my message.

Attached Files:

4. KirillBagrinovskiiy

KirillBagrinovskiiy Parallels Developers

Thank you for your feedback
    We are trying to investigate this issue
    Please report us if you meet locked computer again (with steps how to reproduce)