Compatibility Issue with Parallels under High Sierra w/ System Integrity Protection

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Emre4, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Emre4

Emre4 Bit poster

Hi guys,

I have a licence for Paralells Desktop 12. I have made a fresh install of High Sierra and then created a Bootcamp for Windows 10. I installed my Parallels Desktop. However, unless I disable System Integrity Protection from Terminal via the "crsutil disable" command, I cannot use my Boot Camp virtual machine via Parallels Desktop. It seems like this issue is fixed in Parallels Desktop 13. Is there any way to fix it in Parallels Desktop yet keeping System Integrity Protection enabled?

2. VictorP4

VictorP4 Bit poster

Actually i'm hitting the same issue with High sierra and Parallels Desktop 13. Unfortunately, i can't disable SIP, because - surprise - i'm on an enterprise mac.
    I have no Allow button anywhere in the Privacy window.

3. Emre4

Emre4 Bit poster

I thought that 13 solved this issue because the KB page acknowledging this makes reference to a certain update of Parallels Desktop 13. As far as I know, disabling SIP can be done via Recovery boot menu terminal which can be accessed holding CMD + R during restart. Problem is that the issue comes back when SIP enabled back.

VictorP4 likes this.
  4. VictorP4

VictorP4 Bit poster

it worked fine till a couple of days ago - i assume a new update was pushed, maybe it introduced a regression.
    https://ibb.co/e7JKmy
    [​IMG]

5. Emre4

Emre4 Bit poster

It seems like Parallels does not protect you against OS updates even after less than a year of purchase?

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Emre4, macOS High Sierra 10.13 introduces a new feature that requires user approval before loading newly-installed third-party kernel extensions. Third-party kernel extensions (KEXTs) that were already present when upgrading to macOS High Sierra are granted automatic approval.

This approval UI is only present in the Security & Privacy preferences pane for 30 minutes after the alert. Until the user approves the KEXT, future load attempts will cause the approval UI to reappear but will not trigger another user alert.

Moreover, it's not possible to press the Allow button if a connection to Mac established remotely due to the security-related configuration of macOS to block any security-related actions for remote connections. Please check out the instructions outlined in this article to check if that works.

7. Emre4

Emre4 Bit poster

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your answer. I had already opened a ticket wrt this issue. However they could not solve it either. I am unable to use the software that I have paid my hard earned money for, after an OS update. So I uninstalled the software and found another way ;) . Frankly I am unwilling to re-install or check any article now. (my post is 3 weeks old now btw.)

Kind regards
    Emre

8. Svejo

Svejo Junior Member

I wish everyone the best of luck!