Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ChrisG14

ChrisG14 Bit poster

Thanks! Working now.

2. DavidG36

DavidG36 Bit poster

I am unable to move my Parallels 10 License to my new Mac and there is no option to disable license on my old Mac. Please reset my license on the back end so i can activate it on my new Mac.

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DavidG36, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

5. DanM10

DanM10 Bit poster

Hello: I have purchased a new Mac and wish to move my Parallels Desktop (10) to my new Mac. Can you please reset my license? Thank you!

6. NathanT4

NathanT4 Bit poster

Similar to the others folks who have posted in this thread, I no longer have access to my old iMac and cannot disable my license for Parallels 10. Please help my by resetting the license associated with this account so that I can activate on my new Mac. If there's any additional info I can provide to expedite this request, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you!

7. Hello DanM10. We have made the necessary change to your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please follow the below steps to activate your Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
    1) Open Terminal (Finder --> Applications --> Utilities --> Terminal.app)
    2) Execute the command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3) Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.

8. Hi NathanT4. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac license key. Please execute the terminal command < prlsrvctl activate-license-online > and try to activate once again.

9. Svejo

Svejo Junior Member

I don't agree with that

10. msgreport

msgreport Bit poster

Hi,
    I also wish to move my Parallels Desktop (10) to my new Mac. Can you please reset my license? Thank you!

11. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello msgreport, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

12. msgreport

msgreport Bit poster

It works thanks a lot.

13. DavidG36

DavidG36 Bit poster

Thank you! I had to use the terminal but it worked.

14. PiyushG

PiyushG Bit poster

Hi,

I do not see option of disabling Parallels Desktop 10 license on my old Mac. I am trying to move to my new Mac. Can you please reset my license? Thanks you.

15. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello PiyushG, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

16. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

17. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

18. PiyushG

PiyushG Bit poster

Thank you! Appreciate your quick response. I had to use terminal command and it was easy and worked!!!

19. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

20. RobertB27

RobertB27 Bit poster

I am having this error-message, even though I have signed out on the old Mac according to https://kb.parallels.com/123461

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018