Parallels installation frozen at 15% of Tools installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SalinaEd, Aug 3, 2018.

1. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

I have Desktop 7, OS 10.8.5 and Windows 7 Home Edition and was updating to Parallels 13 and High Sierra. High Sierra went fine. Parallels went fine until it tried to install Parallels Tools. It freezes at 15%. Even the blue spinning hoop indicating that the computer is working doesn't spin. The only way out is to Force Quit Parallels. Below is a screen shot.

Parallels stuck.png

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SalinaEd , please follow the steps suggested in the article and check if that works.

3. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

The article didn't seem to help. I took a snapshot. I couldn't install Windows updates because the Start button (as well as other functions are frozen). I downloaded fixit but Mac OS doesn't recognize it. I couldn't install Tools from the temp folder because it required engaging the Start button which is frozen.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SalinaEd , please try Actions > Reset and then try following the steps suggested in the article and check if that works.

5. SalinaEd

SalinaEd Junior Member

I think my Windows has corrupted files. When I start Windows I get a blue screen that says Windows has detected a problem and has been shut down to protect the computer. Then it goes to a black screen and says Windows was not shut down properly and to press any key to restart. It then restarts. Except for putting in my password at the start, all this is done without any action upon my part. How do I reinstall Windows with it behaving like this. I read an article that depended on the VM starting. My really isn't started.

6. Svejo

Svejo Junior Member

I am having the same problem! What would you recommend?

7. Svejo

Svejo Junior Member

I wish everyone the best of luck!