Upgraded to 12, get "Unable to connect to Mac '%1'" message

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BenP2, Aug 22, 2016.

1. ChrisH15

ChrisH15 Bit poster

Hello, I have this same error message while trying to activate Parallels 13. I checked the proxy settings and they match your picture, and I have tried two different networks. What else can I do?

YukiH1 likes this.
  2. YukiH1

YukiH1 Bit poster

I have the same issue.
    It looks the SSL certificate is expired yesterday (JST). And it was reported on twitter. And it looks solved partially. Now I can visit https://account.parallels.com and can see certificate isn't expired. However I'm still facing this problem.
    I tried different way by using console like below.
    prlsrvctl web-portal signin testmail@test.com
    the return was like this
    Unable to connect to the Mac "%1". The SSL authentication failed. Try to connect to this Mac again.

3. TerryF2

TerryF2 Bit poster

Yup me too, I have this same error message while trying to activate Parallels 13. I checked the proxy settings and they match your picture, and I have tried two different networks.

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw Junior Member

@ChrisH15 - I've just had this issue. I tried everything I could think of - reinstalling, trying over wifi, checking clocks were in sync. In the end, it turned out Little Snitch was the problem for me - I uninstalled it, and was able to activate Parallels successfully (previously I had logged out of my Parallels Account when I had the initial "Unable to connect to Mac %1" error, but couldn't activate again).

@YukiH1 - Edit: Ignore above, have just read your post. Wonder if the failed SSL certificate was tripping up Little Snitch and that's why uninstalling it worked for me. Or, it just resolved itself on Parallels end, with the certificate being updated.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  5. FedericoD1

FedericoD1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem: The SSL authentication failed. Try to connect to this Mac again. What should I do in order to resolve my problem?

6. RussW1

RussW1 Bit poster

I am getting the same message. I have tried different internet connections. The sudo commands outlined above and opened up a trouble ticket. Pretty bad that I just dropped $80 and can't use this product. Wish I would have paid closer attention before purchasing.

7. JoshF1

JoshF1 Bit poster

Same issue on my end.

8. JordanA1

JordanA1 Bit poster

Having the same issues here on 13, Parallels support did confirm to me yesterday that they were experiencing issues their end with the account portal. Although the issue is now different is it fair to assume they are still having troubles and its not our end?

9. MarkF10

MarkF10 Bit poster

I have just installed Parallels 13 on macOS 10.13.4 today and am experiencing the same SSL error, cannot activate the software.

Attached Files:

10. MarcelloR

MarcelloR Member

Same problem here (same message). I moved PDesktop 13 Business to a new Mac (from my old Mac) and I cannot register the license.
    Yesterday, in the evening, I got a lot of problems trying to access/login to my Parallels account via web (many errors from Cloudfare).
    Right now I'm unable to activate my license.

11. MarkF10

MarkF10 Bit poster

It just worked for me.

12. MarcelloR

MarcelloR Member

Today I tried once again the registration and it worked for me too.
    I'm going to think there were some kind of problem on the Parallels side.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, the issue with Parallels Account portal is resolved. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.