Lost gesture for Notifications panel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Don Awalt, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

HI all, I installed Parallels 14, and have a Windows 10 VM running. All is good except I used to be able to 1-finger swipe left to bring the notifications panel in and out, and that's not working. I have the setting on under Mouse & Keyboard/Enable Swipe from edges. Any ideas how to turn this back on? Thanks!

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Best Answer
    Guys, we have released a hotfix for Parallels Desktop 14 which fixes this issue. See release notes. Download the update here, it will be also available via in-product updater soon.

3. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Has anyone seen this? I have also noticed that Windows 10 does not report the trackpad as a "precision trackpad" in settings which may be a clue - maybe a driver problem? All the other gestures appear to work. Will Parallels see this and investigate?

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Hi @DonA2, I have reported this issue to Engineering for investigation. Regarding precision trackpad, can you share more details please? Are you trying to use pressure sensitivity feature in Windows?

5. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Hi, thank you for your reply and assistance! I am not trying to use pressure sensitivity, just swiping gestures. My comment on "precision trackpad" is explained here, if you go into Windows it will say whether it considers your touchpad to be 'precision" or ot. I have a fresh MacBook Pro 2018, which is a precision trackpad. This explains it from a Windows perspective:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/guide-windows-10-precision-touchpad-gestures

This may not be a factor as this report on precision comes from the driver I think, but the only thing I have found that I use that is not working on the trackpad is the one finger swipe from the right which brings out the Notifications Panel.

6. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

@DonA2, thank you for clarifying! We'll investigate this issue along with our developers and will let you know when we have any news regarding this issue.

7. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Thank you! Please let me know if you need any additional info. By the way I am NOT on Mojave yet, I am on the latest commercial release of Mac OS, 10.13.6.

8. Dmitry@Parallels

Best Answer
    Guys, we have released a hotfix for Parallels Desktop 14 which fixes this issue. See release notes. Download the update here, it will be also available via in-product updater soon.

9. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Thank you, I installed the update and the 1 finger swipe I reported is fixed! Thanks!

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.