Fortinet Client VPN connection issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Brandon2, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Brandon2

Brandon2 Bit poster

Hi guys,
    I've been running the fortinet ssl vpn client on my mac for a while now with no issues.
    http://www.fortinet.com/resource_center/product_downloads.html
    However I now need to run it solely in my Windows 10 VM through parallels. I've installed it and tried to run the VPN connection on the Windows 10 VM but it says the VPN is unreachable. The Forticlient works perfectly on my Mac os and a few other Windows 10 machines at our office but I'm not sure why it's not able to connect on the VM?

Has anyone else had a similar issue or know what I can do to try and resolve the problem?
    Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
    B

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

3. Skaret89S

Skaret89S Bit poster

You should try some other VPN that offers more functionality at a decent price. I have online business so I never compromise with the network security. Read the expressvpn review and had bought immediately. It truly works wonderfully.

4. MckinleyB

MckinleyB Bit poster

Try FastestVPN to use Parallels easily with most secure protocols.

5. GiriN1

GiriN1 Bit poster

Hi,
    VPN was connected but VM was not reachable through VPN. We have checked all the possible scenarios like windows firewalls settings, remote desktop settings, DNS entries, Permission for User Access credentials at VM end and all but it did not work. Even you were able take mstsc of same VM from different system.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Giri.

6. WhoducenF

WhoducenF Bit poster

Agreed! it is important to choose good fast VPN software for using Parallels. while selecting a VPN you have to consider the important elements such as security protocols, kill switch, logging, customer service and most importantly the pricing.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  7. Charles12

Charles12 Bit poster

FastestVPN? Lol. It not. I have used more than 35 VPN providers and believe me it is not fastest at all. However not a single vpn and increase your Internet speed but yes if you want VPN that did not slow down the speed of the Internet then try ExpressVPN. Here is the detailed analysis of ExpressVPN. https://vpnupdates.com/expressvpn-review/

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  8. GustavoC2

GustavoC2 Bit poster

I think the best way to use FortiClient with Parallels for M1 is to download the app of that VPN on MacOS version, select shared network in Parallels and open any app there. With that customization your app will works with Fort Client VPN or any other VPN like Sophos. I downloaded Fort Client VPN 7.0, opened up SAP 7.5 for Windows in Parallels (with Windows 10 Insider Preview ARM64 21354 and it works !

9. BillM20

BillM20 Bit poster

Thanks to share it with us. I even saw an article something related to Singapore VPN. Why don't you ask them to add this post on their web page.

10. JohnB100

JohnB100 Bit poster

I was using Forticlient VPN but it used to have lot issue that ruins the connection and it's speed. Which is why i shifted to another surfshark VPN at low price using Surfshark coupon code. It's connection is so fast and stable that there are no issue whenever i connect to one of it's servers.

11. lynda william

lynda william

You may face Fortinet Client VPN Connection errors in many ways, like error messages, connection failure, and limited functionality. To overcome this concern, instead of using that, you can get a reliable VPN that is efficient enough not to cause a similar issue. Fortinet Client can be complicated for troubleshooting, and other user-friendly options exist. Consider trying OysterVPN, known for its intuitive interface, fast-speed connection, and diverse server locations.