Problem with my upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BjoernP, Sep 11, 2018.

1. BjoernP

BjoernP Bit poster

Hi all,
    I just bought an upgrade from version 11 to version 14 for my parallels desktop, because it was recommended by several emails and the parallels program itself. The upgrade was $49.99. After entering the new serial number, into parallels, I got the following message:
    "This product could not be activated because your activation key is invalid for this version of Parallels Desktop."

Wired that parallels via email as well as the program recommended an upgrade, but yet after buying it I cannot activate it #notfunny.

Is there a workaround? How do I proceed?

Thanks for the help?
    Bjoern

2. RickM8

RickM8 Bit poster

Have the same problem. Received the upgrade email from Parallels this morning, upgraded per the links, and the activation key does not work. Either need a key that works or a full refund.

3. RickM8

RickM8 Bit poster

Actually, I get a popup window that says "This key cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop".

4. BjoernP

BjoernP Bit poster

How to contact parallels support? I thought they might check their forum, but it seems I am wrong...

5. oztrev

oztrev Member

You can generally only upgrade from the previous two versions. So, to upgrade to 14, you need either v12 or v13. You cannot upgrade from v10.

6. BjoernP

BjoernP Bit poster

Hi Oztrev,
    thanks for your comment. However, wouldn´t you expect that there isn´t an active message from the software to upgrade if you cannot upgrade your version? Or wouldn´t you expect a warning in the event of an upgrade? If you cannot upgrade, why would you give a discount?
    Can somebody from Parallels shine light on this?
    Best,
    Bjoern