Useless 'copypaste' and 'prldragdrop' processes peg CPU; prevent launch?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DavidS13, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Do you enjoy Force Quitting two useless processes on each Guest boot?

1. Yes - I'm an idiot.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - I value my time.

100.0%
  1. DavidS13

DavidS13 Member

I'm running OSX ElCapitan guest on OSX ElCapitan host. So Mac on Mac in other words.

Copy/pasting between guest and host and vice versa has never worked. It always causes the guest OS to hang. I've pretty much given up on figuring out why. There's a related problem though; The guest OS always starts up two useless processes at boot-time. They are 'copypaste' and 'prldragdrop'. Neither process appears to do anything useful but they both peg the CPU indefinitely and cause the cooling fan to turn on. My first step after firing up a guest OS is to ForceKill these two misbehaving processes. It's a pain. Is there some way to prevent these two useless processes from starting up at all?

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello David,
    We need you to submit a Problem Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to submit Problem Report: http://kb.parallels.com/9058
    NOTE: Please submit a report while reproducing the issue and provide us with generated ID number.

3. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

4. DavidS13

DavidS13 Member

I suppose that article would've been quite relevant to my original question... if I were actually running a Window VM... which I'm not.
    Writing a script to manually force-kill both processes on startup is probably the best course of action at this point.

5. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi @DavidS13, we suggest you to submit a Problem Report ID so that we investigate the issue.

6. nanosk

nanosk Bit poster

Created a Problem Report with ID 276945165 for this problem