OS X 10.9.1 freeze after a few minutes

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by fcote, Feb 5, 2014.

1. fcote

fcote Bit poster

Hi,

I want to know what is happening. I will go crazy if I cannot find where to disable a stupid invisible feature. After a while when I'm not in my VM of OS X, it pause by itself. When I try to resume it freeze (grey/black screen), I loose all the work I did and I need to start again the VM again. Please tell me why this happening. I want my VM to work 100 % of the time no automatic pause.

Thank you!

2. IDontHaveANickname

IDontHaveANickname Bit poster

I have encountered this multiple times. It seems to happen when I have not used the computer for awhile. Happened often at first, now it happens less frequently. I set the OS to reopen windows at restart and try to remember to save files before I leave the machine. So far I have not lost data, but I worry about virtual disk corruption.

SaifM likes this.
  3. nanosk

nanosk Bit poster

they call it "auto pause" and it would be a good idea (a) if it worked - crashing regularly over here and (b) if it would be configurable. The knowledgebase article just describes it for windows guests and parallels V11 and V12.
    It is active for mac in mac with V14 and there is no officially documented way to disable it

SaifM likes this.
  4. SaifM

SaifM Bit poster

+1 for this - I have the same issue and can't resume after pause unless I restart.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @fcote , please open the power settings on your mac OS virtual machine and change the power settings on Pause/Suspend/sleep to never and check if that helps.