Camera and Microphone not appearing under Security & Privacy

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JaumeV, Sep 12, 2018.

1. JaumeV

JaumeV Bit poster

After the 14.0.1 (45154) on Mojave 10,14 Beta (18A384a) neither the Microphone nor Camera from my iMac are shared with Windows anymore.
    I followed the suggested steps on the screenshot to no avail. Notice that these were working in the previous version of Parallels on the same Mojave Beta.
    This may be a bug. Any ideas on how to solve it?

[​IMG]

2. Kevin(

Kevin( Bit poster

Yep. I am seeing this too with Mojave.

3. ChadM7

ChadM7

I am seeing the same thing now. I use my microphone daily for work. Need this resolved asap please! Was working in the beta version just fine!

4. ivahost

ivahost Member

I have the same problem after upgrading to mojave. This is the non beta version of mojave

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. Same problem. Is this being logged as an issue somewhere by Parallels? Can we get some confirmation? Would like to still use my webcam and audio off my display in Win 10.

6. AaronN1

AaronN1 Bit poster

7. AlbertH2

AlbertH2 Junior Member

Same here for mic that I need for daily concall...
    I have submitted a ticket. Will update if I get any reply.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  8. ivahost

ivahost Member

I reinstalled Mojave from scratch and it worked again. But suddenly it stopped working. Even if parallels now is listed in the camera and microphone sections of the privacy settings and is selected there.

9. GordonN2

GordonN2 Bit poster

Seeing same problem as well and also need it urgently for work.
    Attaching screenshot showing that Parallels is not provided as an option.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  10. AaronG5

AaronG5 Bit poster

Same here!!

11. HeathA

HeathA Bit poster

Same here. Please fix!

12. AlbertH2

AlbertH2 Junior Member

Initial reply from tech support is they cannot reproduce the issue and requested me to send tech report. I've done so already. If you have not posted above saying you have the same issue, please do so. It may help to escalate the urgency of this issue.

13. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi guys, @AlbertH2, we do escalate this issue to Engineering with maximum urgency.
    Whoever can send technical report via Help menu > Send Technical Data... > please post the report ID here.
    Thank you!

14. ivahost

ivahost Member

My report id id 277410412

15. AlbertH2

AlbertH2 Junior Member

Tech support has provided a workaround if you happen to have a USB mic in hand (unfortunately I don't). You may connect the USB mic and set it to connect to Windows only via PD preference setting. I think in such way the USB mic can avoid MacOS privacy. I have tried a bluetooth headset but still blocked by MacOS privacy.

16. ivahost

ivahost Member

I have a logitech BRIO camera and if I assign it to the VM I can use it as a camera. But this is only a temporary solution.

17. FlorianS4

FlorianS4 Bit poster

Same problem at my end.

18. JohnReddy

JohnReddy Bit poster

REPORTED. ID: 277499025

19. GordonN2

GordonN2 Bit poster

Thanks Dmitry! Just submitted a report with screenshots and ways to contact me to discuss. Report ID is 277625229.

20. mkm5let

mkm5let Bit poster

Please don't forget the case when someone deliberately doesn't want to share the mic and camera with windows. I would not like to see parallels always complaining about it.