how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello IsaacF, We have made the necessary changes for the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >. May I know the Mac OS X of the computer in which you are trying to activate the Parallels Desktop 10?

2. IsaacF

IsaacF Bit poster

Hmm, thanks but the prlsrvctl command gave me the same connection error. I have a MacBook Pro 13,2 running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. I am definitely connected to the internet as I am able to send this post and port 443 is open.

Attached Files:

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

We do see that you are in contact with one of our support channel for the same issue, kindly follow the instructions provided.

4. BradyP2

BradyP2 Bit poster

I'm having trouble deactivating my key on my old computer and transferring it to a new computer. Running the prlsrvctl command gives me the error message: "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.". Trying to activate through the regular UI gives me the message "You have reached the maximum number of activation available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." I have signed out on my old computer and uninstalled the application. How can I activate on my new computer?

5. scatman

scatman Bit poster

Hi, I need to transfer my key to another acc. Plz, help

6. Hi BradyP2. We have reset the Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license key. Please try to activate now and it should work.

7. Hi scatman. We have sent you a private message. Please check and revert with the necessary details.

8. FrankL11

FrankL11 Bit poster

Hi there.
    I'm also stucked with my PD 9 for Mac in the "to many activations" Scenario.
    Thanks for helping me on this.

9. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello FrankL11, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

10. FrankL11

FrankL11 Bit poster

Thanks. But every time I'm starting the app it asked for registration (e-mail and password for my parallels account) o_O
    Any hints on that? Cheers, appreciate the quick response.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @FrankL11, is it prompts for mac admin credentials or registration? Can you please send us a Technical Data collected right after the error and a splash screen (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

12. RalphT1

RalphT1 Bit poster

Same Problem here. Please reset my License (or remove from other computers), so that I can access my Parallels 11 again. Thanks!

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RalphT1, we have reset the license key limit. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the same key. Thanks!

14. RussellS3

RussellS3 Bit poster

I have a new Mac and am seeing the same issues. Can you reset my Paralles 12 key please?

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. You can try to activate it again.

16. VolkerB1

VolkerB1 Bit poster

My old e-mail Adress is not longer in use. So I have created an new Account. How can I transfer my License to the new Account ?

17. TommyM2

TommyM2 Bit poster

Hi there, I am having issues with Parallels 11 for mac. I signed out of my account on the old mac however I am still unable to activate on new one. Please help!

18. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TommyM2 , we have reset the license key. Please try to activate now.

19. ChaloupkaO

ChaloupkaO Bit poster

Hi there, I am having issues with Parallels 11 for mac. I have deleted Parallels on the old mac however I am still unable to activate on new one. Please could you help!

20. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ChaloupkaO , we have reset the license key. Please try to activate now.

ChaloupkaO likes this.