Upgraded to V14 and Parallels cannot find the MAC it is installed on

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by IanM1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. IanM1

IanM1 Bit poster

Unable to connect to the MAC "%1"
    The SSL authentication failed. Try to connect to this MAC again.
    Also having to type the key in every time rather than being able to copy and paste is a pain.
    Ian

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @IanM1 , please check if there are any anti virus enabled on your mac. Please disable firewall and check if that helps.

3. IanM1

IanM1 Bit poster

Hi, thank you for responding. I have disabled the anti-virus, no active firewall on the MAC and the response is the same.
    Ian

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @IanM1, the error appears when Parallels Desktop is unable to convert a virtual machine to the new version because there are snapshots in that virtual machine. To fix the issue, please check out the instructions outlined in this article to fix the issue.

5. IanM1

IanM1 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    thank you for the link. While the process looks good, the upgrade package does not come with an uninstaller so that part does not work. So where do I find a full copy of v12 so that I can install then remove the snapshots? Then proceed with the upgrade?
    Ian

6. IanM1

IanM1 Bit poster

I deleted all of the parallels files I could find including the VM folder and the same error occurs. Where else on a MAC does parallels hide files?
    Ian

7. IanM1

IanM1 Bit poster

The answer is very simple to me. All the software I needed parallels to run i now available in MAC versions, so I just cancel my subscription and delete Parallels.
    Ian