Windows Application Blurry Icons on MacOS dock

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MichaelY2, Aug 1, 2018.

1. MichaelY2

MichaelY2 Bit poster

Hello

I recently installed Microsoft Teams on my Windows guest VM and i noticed the dock icon in MacOS is very blurry.

I've tried reinstalling the application and deleting the package from /user/Application (Parallels)

Is there a way to clear this up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hi MichaelY2. Please clarify whether the dock icons in macOS is blurry only when the Microsoft Teams program is running in the Windows virtual machine? Also, please share few screenshots to check for the issue.

3. tcw

tcw Bit poster

I have the same issue as the OP. I have attached two screenshots, one of the dock and one of the app switcher window. You can see how blurry the Teams icon is.

In terms of whether it is blurry only when Teams is running in the VM, I'm not sure. With my current settings I only see the icon when it is running.

Also, I've got some weird behaviour with Teams. If I try and run it from macOS Spotlight (which is the usual way I open Windows apps) it doesn't work. Sometimes I see what looks like a Terminal/DOS screen that disappears after a split second. But there's also a Microsoft Teams [1] app that does work. I'm not sure what this is. I've attached a screenshot of this too.

Attached Files:

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @tcw , is it happening only with this application or any other application on Windows virtual machine?

5. tcw

tcw Bit poster

It only seems to happen with Teams. Having said that I don't run a lot of apps on my Windows VM, only the Microsoft Office suite.

6. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

We have reproduced the issue. It will be resolved in a future update. Sorry for the trouble!

7. tcw

tcw Bit poster

Oh, great. Thanks for picking this up. Looking forward to the update.

8. LukeM3

LukeM3 Bit poster

Any resolution for this yet?

9. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

This issue was resolved in Parallels Desktop 14.1.
    You may need to reinstall guest program in case blurry icon was cached.