Internet stops working in Mac and Windows after a few minutes

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ZachT, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ZachT

ZachT Bit poster

I am using Parallels 11 on High Sierra. Very recently I've been experiencing an issue where, after starting up a Windows 10 machine on Parallels, everything seems to work fine for probably 5-10 minutes, but then my internet stops working on BOTH Mac and Windows. The only workaround I've found is to shut down Parallels and restart my Mac machine. Then, if I start up Parallels again, the same thing happens after 5-10 minutes. I have been using Parallels 11 for a couple of years, but never had this issue until recently.

There were a couple of recent changes on my end that I think could have been the culprit:
    • I transferred the license and my VM from an older machine using El Capitan to my newer machine using High Sierra
    • Windows 10 finally forced me to install some updates (I thought I had found a back door to turn these off)
    I'm thinking the Win10 updates may have been the culprit, but I don't really know where to look. I would love any suggestions for how to troubleshoot and/or fix this issue!

Thanks!

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ZachT , Is this happening when you start any application on Windows virtual machine or mac?

3. ZachT

ZachT Bit poster

Hi @Arun@Parallels

I've primarily noticed this happening when using IE11 on Windows, but that could also be because 90% of what I do on the VM involves IE11 and/or Edge. Also, what I'm seeing is not immediate. i.e. I'll be using IE11 just fine for a little while, then the internet goes completely down on both Windows and Mac. I'll try to dig a bit more to see if the same thing happens when using other applications.

Thanks,
    Zach

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ZachT , please take a snapshot ( Actions > Snapshot) and then please go device manager , uninstall network adapters and then try Actions > Reinstall parallels tools and observe the behavior.