App Store: "Your device or computer could not be verified"

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by luomat, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

It worked! Problem solved, so far as I can tell!

Thanks for the assistance!

2. RyanB1

RyanB1 Bit poster

I think the real winner here is using the Realtek adapter setting. I tried all the rest, numerous times but as soon as I switched to the Realtek adapter, bam!

3. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

That's the one I tried and it worked, so looks like the right setup has been discovered!

RyanB1 likes this.
  4. RyanB1

RyanB1 Bit poster

Go team!

5. brianwmay

brianwmay Member

FIXED !

I ended up being able to log into iTunes but not iCloud as I continued to receive 'Unable to verify . . . ' messages. Today during a remote session the Parallels engineer carried out the following, which fixed my problem:

As per our schedule I called you to assist on remote session.

During the remote session, I followed the below steps:

1) Started virtual machine and took a snapshot. (Actions > Take Snapshot)
    2) Shut down the virtual machine.
    3) Open virtual machine configuration and go to 'Hardware' tab.
    4) Select 'Networks' and click on 'Advanced Settings'.
    5) From the drop down menu change Network Adapter to 'Realtek RTL8029AS'.
    6) Close the configuration window, start macOS virtual machine and check the issue.

So best of luck to those experiencing the same fault. I hope this helps, but will mark this as fixed.

6. SergeyA1

SergeyA1 Junior Member

Changing lan adapter in OS preferences is fixed this issue for me. Thank you!

7. ChrisM30

ChrisM30 Bit poster

Hurray! That worked for me as well.

8. P.R

P.R Junior Member

MichaelG31: I am not able to find /Library/Preferences/SystemConfigurations/ to delete the plist. When I press Option+Go I do not get the Users Library and can't seem to find it any other way. No SystemConfigurations folder is in my /System/Library. When I look in my regular Mac boot Mojave I could not find a SysteemConfigurations folder in either Library. A Spotlight search for NetworkInterfaces.plst was negative both within the VM and in my regular Mojave bot system.

Any further thoughts? Thanks - Randy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. P.R

P.R Junior Member

Michael -
    I found Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences?SystemConfiguraion/NetworkInterfaces.plist. I'm going to try deleting this. I'll follow the rest of your suggestions and let you know if I am successful. Thanks. - Randy

10. P.R

P.R Junior Member

Hi brianwmay -

Thanks for your helpful information. However, it did NOT work for me. When ever I tried any of the other Network Adapters I could not connect to the internet at all. Once I reset it back to InterR(R) PRO/1000 MT, I got my internet back and could access the store, but still continued to get the error when trying to sign in with my Apple ID. This is on a brand new Mac mini with Mojave via an El Capitan VM which otherwise works well.

:( - Randy

11. P.R

P.R Junior Member

FIXED !
    The update to Parallels v14.1.0 has FIXED this issue for me completely!!! Yeah ! ! ! - Randy