Can't Open Web Pages in Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MilesG, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MilesG

MilesG Bit poster

Hi there. I've just installed a new Window 10 VM. One thing that isn't working for me is the ability to click on a link in the Windows VM and have it open a browser on the Mac side. In the Settings/Configuration on the Web & Email tab, I've set Web Pages: to "Open In Mac".

This functionality works fine for me on another Windows 10 VM that I have (same machine) but I can't figure out why my new one isn't working. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MilesG , please go to Configure > Security > Check Isolate Windows and Mac > Restart your Windows virtual machine > Uncheck isolate Windows and Mac > Restart Windows and check if that helps.

3. MilesG

MilesG Bit poster

Hi Arun,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but it doesn't seem to work. Any other thoughts?
    Thx

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

5. MilesG

MilesG Bit poster

Just sent it in. ID: 242192265. Thanks!

6. MilesG

MilesG Bit poster

Hey - whatever you folks did in the latest update fixed the issue. Thanks!

7. Nice to know that it works now. And you are welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

8. MartinDean

MartinDean Bit poster

I have followed the suggestion to isolate then 'un' isolate Windows but I still cannot get Web pages to open in Mac as I want to. This worked fine on my previous Mac but since I moved to a new iMac (installed from Time Machine) the web browser only opens on Windows.

9. Hi MartinDean. Please follow the steps from this article and set the default browser to Mac. Then check whether it works.

10. MartinDean

MartinDean Bit poster

Thanks very much Satiya - I changed the default browsing setting in Windows to upload_2018-10-25_11-47-29.png OPEN IN MAC. It seems that the Parallels setting AND the Windows setting need to point to the Mac.

11. Yes, you are correct. Were you able to open the link from the Windows virtual machine on the Mac web browser now?

12. MartinDean

MartinDean Bit poster

Yes thank you - all is working well now:)

13. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.