creation of macOS Mojave guest OS fails with a "protocolVersion 2 DefaultButtonLabel" error

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by RobertL18, Oct 16, 2018.

1. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

I am trying to create a macOS Mojave (10.14) guest OS on Parallels 14.0.1 (Pro Edition) running from my MacBook Pro. I am following the below steps:

File --> New
    Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image File
    Installation images found: macOS "Install macOS Mojave.app"

The install goes as expected until almost the last step. I sign in with my Apple ID, enter the two factor numbers, then I get the following error:

"protocolVersion 2 DefaultButtonLabel OK Body Try signing in again. ErrorID GENERIC_SERVER_ERROR DialogType GenericDialog ...""

My AppleID and password are correct and I can access iCLoud from my MacBook and other devices. Anyone else have a similar issue?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

4. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I tried the above link and switched the Network Connection to Bridged Network and got the same error. Just to verify because the above link recommends 'Bridged Mode' and I do not have a specific option named Bridged Mode , in the Network section of Configuration, I changed the Network Source from 'Shared Network (Recommended)' to 'Bridged Network - Wi-Fi'. I also tried Bridged Network - Default Adapter'. After each update, I started the instance and tried to update the apps and received the error. Switching Network Sources did not help unless I missed a step/setting

5. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

@Arun - I reproduced the issue and created the Technical Report with an ID of 281739594. Once the install was started, I changed the Network Source from 'Shared Network (Recommended)' to 'Bridged Network - Wi-Fi'. I am assuming there is not a way to setup the network prior to choosing the macOS image.

6. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

This may not be applicable, but if you read the end of the thread, it does specify that you have to not only select the Bridged mode but also have to clean out the macOS Network prefs for your internet connection (ethernet in my case) and must select the adapter. And if I remember, the only adapter that works is selecting the Realtec adapter. That was the critical point to make the fix work which then cured the issue of connecting to Apple for updates, etc.

7. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

@Neilwhit - Thank you for the help. I appreciate it. I did see the reference to the additional Realtec change. I did not think that it was relevant because it is greyed out/not available for me to change during the image creation. When I change the Network Source Type to 'Bridged Network - Wi-Fi', I next expand the 'Advanced Settings'. In Advanced Settings, the 'Type' is greyed out and I can not change it from the Intel(R) Pro/1000 MT setting. I don't know when Type becomes available to change, but I couldn't change it to Realtec. Is there a setting that I am missing?

8. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

I just checked an older macOS (Sierra) and in the Configuration, under Advanced Settings, Realtek is available as a Type. I am assuming that sometime after image creation, Type becomes available to change. Is there a way to setup the Network Configuration prior to creation or to force a Type change?

9. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

I followed the instructions in the other thread and it resolved my problem. But I am by no means an expert in this. I think the variable here is that you are using Wifi for internet access as opposed to ethernet. Thus I'm not sure how that might affect the outcome but it might be the issue/difference.

10. CarlS3

CarlS3 Bit poster

Seeing the same issue. Mac OS 10.14. Noted hacks mildly successful, but OS "not right" after those steps (Apple Watch unlock not possible, display problems, etc..). Is Parallels looking into this?

11. RobertL18

RobertL18 Bit poster

@Arun@Parallels Did the Technical Report with an ID of 281739594 help troubleshoot? I am seeing the issue regardless what I change the Network Type to. There is no difference between Wi-Fi, ethernet, default, etc. All result in same error. I also can not change the Advanced Settings Type to Realtec with any of the Network Types selected.

cossonh likes this.
  12. cossonh

cossonh Bit poster

[QUOTE = "Arun @ Parallels, post: 846034, membre: 6656807"] Bonjour [USER = 6690080] @ RobertL18 [/ USER], veuillez reproduire le problème et nous aider à identifier le rapport technique ( https: //kb.parallels .com / 9058 ), nous allons vérifier et vous aider. [/ QUOTE]

13. cossonh

cossonh Bit poster

Mr COSSON vous répond : Vous ne pouvez donc ni avancer ni retour en arriere. J'ai eu le même probleme que vous
    Menu //, ACTION, et REINITIALISER, Vous retournez donc à Langue, Clavier ,ID Apple et Mot passe, Message " Voulez vous configurer le Mac de suite ( NON ),
    Clic sur option Bleue : CONFIG le MAC plus tard : Répondre Oui, ensuite, Accepter le Logiciel OUI, Création du Compte, et CONFIG Express, ensuite vous tombez sur
    l'ecran principal de High Sierra ou MOJAVE.