Preview app crashing when open jpg or photos in guest Mojave OS.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by SergeyA1, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SergeyA1

SergeyA1 Junior Member

Hello! I started experiencing strange issue. I have MacBook Pro 15 2017 Just updated from Parralels 13 to 14 and update Sierra to Mojave in my guest OS. In Sierra all worked good no problem with preview app. But in Mojave when I try to open jpeg/jpg file app immideatly get "Not responding" and crashed.
    PDF files and screenshots made by cmd+4 in png works well and opened. It caused only jpg files. I tried delete all Preview files in -\library but it didn't help.
    In my main OS all works good. Help! Thank you:)

2. SergeyA1

SergeyA1 Junior Member

Just found a solution! You need go to Applications folder and in settings of Preview(get info) set point to "Open in low resolution" or you can turn off resolution for Retina in parallels but its not an exit for people with retina. Is this problem will be fixed in updates? Thank you.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SergeyA1 , is the crashing issue happening only with Preview app or running any other complex application on your macOS virtual machine?

4. SergeyA1

SergeyA1 Junior Member

It happens only in Preview app. If I turn off "Optimize for retina" in graphic settings it works well. Or I can use it in retina resolution but in need in "Get info" setting in Preview app turn on "Open in low resolution".
    Its good that you answered because the same thing happens with based Mozilla Firefox browsers. If you use it in retina it displaying not correct and impossible to use it, I need to open it in low resolution also then it displayed ok. Its happen since version 11 or 12. You can try open mozilla browser in any Mac OS guest OS with "Optimize for retina" settings.
    Hope it will be fixed soon.

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello SergeyA1, Kindly follow the instructions from this link and check if it helps.

6. SergeyA1

SergeyA1 Junior Member

It helps with Google Chrome but not preview app. In High Sierra guest OS preview works well.