Failed to get the Video youtube

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RazanA, Nov 9, 2018.

1. RazanA

RazanA Bit poster

can't download any video or audio from you tube
    report ID 284068535

Attached Files:

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi RazanA. Please forward this screenshot to us over our FB conversation (to help us provide a streamlined support). We will then proceed further.

3. AndrewW14

AndrewW14 Bit poster

any updates? I cant download video from youtube as well.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Is it a protected/copyrighted content? or the issue occurs with all videos?

5. AndrewW14

AndrewW14 Bit poster

No, I already managed to download using other software.
    It is the parallels problem.

This is the URL

Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 8.36.52 PM.png Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 8.39.00 PM.png Screenshot 2018-11-17 at 8.39.12 PM.png

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AndrewW14 , please let us know if you are trying to download videos/audios from Vevo youtube channel.

7. AndrewW14

AndrewW14 Bit poster

What is vevo? It is from youtube.
    And the thumbnail screen capture already shown "Download Video"

8. Are you experiencing the issue only with a particular video or with all the video files from youtube?

9. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @AndrewW14, can you please do the following to help us investigate this issue?
    1) Enable extended logging by executing the following command in Terminal.app:
    defaults write com.parallels.toolbox ExtendedLogging 1
    2) Quit Parallels Toolbox (via cogwheel menu > Quit Parallels Toolbox)
    3) Start Parallels Toolbox and check for updates (also cogwheel menu > Check for Updates...)
    4) Open Download Video tool and try to download it again
    5) If it yet fails, please send us a technical report (cogwheel menu > Help > Send Technical Data...) and post the report ID here.

Thank you in advance!

10. AndrewW14

AndrewW14 Bit poster

Problem solved.
    Required Parallels Toolbox version 3.0.0 (2073)

Thank you very much

Attached Files:

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Let us know if you face any issues.

12. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hello, Just a followup to this issue, it appears that a number of systems that are using the Video Download Version 2.0.x don't allow downloading of certain videos from youtube (for example).
    This issue doesn't appear to be limited to Mac or Windows, as I have seen issues occur across both platforms with this version.
    Version 3 seems to be fine, however 2 of the people who I had recommended purchase the Download Video application about 6 months ago have both found that their software doesn't work.
    The Support page to get support for this product appears to be not working too, Telegram bot sends me to a link that is essentially invalid.
    These two people who purchased v2 within the last year are aggravated by the fact that they only recently purchased the software and they seemingly are already required to update to the new version. Is there a fix for this error?

This is a link to a couple of videos that don't work:

13. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

OwenS,

could you please ask these guys with old Download Video to generate Technical Details report from the product, send it and pass ID of reports to you.
    We need the reports to investigate the problem.

14. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hi Sergk,

I was able to enable the extended logging functionality, however in the Download Video application there's no ability to update it, also in the Cogwheel options area, there's no ability to upload the report either.

I have 3 menu's at the top: Download Video, File, Edit.
    Under each is: About Download Video, Prefrences, Services, HideDownload Video, Hide Others, Show All, Quit.
    Under file is just "Close", and under Edit is: ....nothing useful at all.

Let me know what I need to be doing at this point.

Thanks,

Owen

15. sergk

OwenS,

are you using full Parallels Toolbox or separate Download Video product?
    If Parallels Toolbox then you need to open it, open cogwheel, then Help -> Send Technical Data
    Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 09.01.59.png

16. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Thanks for the updated instructions.

I just noticed when I went to send the technical data that Parallels Toolbox was requesting access to my contacts, is there any way I can see what data it's sending before it goes? I'm not sure why it would be requiring access to my contacts, and I'm curious to know what other data it's sending too.

Many thanks,

Owen

17. sergk

Just don't allow it if you wish.

Parallels Toolbox of version 2.0.x used your email and name to simplify contact with you.

18. sergk

If you don't want to send report then we need to understand the version of Parallels Toolbox. You can find it here: open Toolbox --> cogwheel --> About.

Another question - what is macOS version?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  19. OwenS

OwenS Junior Member

Hi Sergk, Report number is: 294118396
    MacOS version is: 10.14.2

However also occurs on a Windows 7 Professional system and on another Mac system which I don't have the exact version details for.

20. sergk

OwenS, thanks,

we need some time to investigate the problem. I'll let you know when results appear.