Launching application from terminal in mac opens windows application with same name

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ParallelsU186, Nov 13, 2018.

1. ParallelsU186

ParallelsU186 Bit poster

I have Google Chrome installed on both Mac and Windows. If I want to launch the mac app from the terminal, I'd run open -a "Google Chrome". However, Parallels is hijacking the command and launching the Windows application instead. I do want the applications shared between mac and windows, but is there some setting that can make the mac apps take priority?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ParallelsU186 , please go to Parallels Configration > Options > Applications > Disable share Windows applications with mac.

3. ParallelsU186

ParallelsU186 Bit poster

I don't want to disable sharing, since I use that feature for other things. All I want is to have the Mac apps take priority, so that launching from the command line will default launch the Mac app instead of the Windows one. My current workaround is to rename one of the apps, but is there a better solution?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ParallelsU186 , please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that helps.

5. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

Hi @ParallelsU186 , try to open Mac Google Chrome with command open -b com.google.Chrome