How to disconnect session FROM Mac

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by StanC1, Nov 15, 2015.

1. StanC1

StanC1 Bit poster

For the life of me, how do I end a session from the Mac side of an iOS connection?

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, StanC1
    When you're done working in Parallels Access on a phone or tablet, you can disconnect it from your computer by tapping Disconnect or > in the upper-left corner of the App Launcher. Your computer display returns to its normal resolution, ready for use. You can also simply press the Home button on your mobile device. Your computer display returns to normal resolution after a few minutes, or you can click Disconnect on your computer to manually restore it. If you have set your computer to be locked during or after a Parallels Access session, then your user name and password are required to access it locally once you disconnect. If you're working in Parallels Access through a browser on another computer, simply close the browser window to disconnect.

3. StanC1

StanC1 Bit poster

Are you saying there's no way to disconnect the session from the Mac being controlled? What I am asking is the exact opposite of what you suggest and is why I posted this question.

4. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi StanC1,
    In order to disconnect the session from your Mac, you can just click any key from the Mac keyboard but please make sure the option "Lock this computer when working remotely" is enabled in Parallels Access agent on PC side. You can refer to this article for help.

5. JohnC0

JohnC0 Bit poster

None of this works or is visible to disconnect. Clicking a key on the computer keyboard does absolutely nothing. I was connected from iphone 6+ and had to turn off the iphone to stop the session.

6. JohnC0

JohnC0 Bit poster

My experience with Parallels Access is that nothing works except to make a connection and this is even on the same network. It connects but can't enter password. I have to reboot my iphone 6+ to get out of access. Maybe if we had a step by step manual instead of a list of every thing the app can do. Most common mistake by app creators is tell everything the app is supposed to do and only a mess of fragmented tips on how to do anything that mostly does not work. It would really be nice if something I already own would give me remote access to my computers but for what I see I will have to buy something else that actually works. Extremely disappointed in this part of parallels.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JohnC0 , have you tried signing out from Parallels Access from your iphone?

8. JohnC0

JohnC0 Bit poster

can't find anything like that in upper left corner. How do I get to the app launcher? only way I can find is fn delete dumps me out of every thing

9. JohnC0

JohnC0 Bit poster

I found the answer to go to app launcher at least on the iPad. I have an old early 2012 iPad that does not update any more but found new life for it by connecting to Mac and it is more useful than ever.

10. Are you able to access your Mac remotely from the mobile device using Parallels Access without any issues?