annoying reoccurring non-error about microphone

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TomM18, Oct 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TomM18

TomM18 Bit poster

Like every hour since I upgrade to Mojave, I get the message:
    "Windows 10 parallels" cannot access the microphone due to privacy restrictions

It was intentional that I didn't give it access, and I don't want to give Windows access. In the Parallels setup, I have the microphone set to "mute", yet the non-error dialog keeps popping up. Is there any way to stop it?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @TomM18, if your virtual machine has no access to a microphone, please make sure that Parallels Desktop is allowed to access these devices at macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > select the microphone device and put a checkmark next to Parallels Desktop and it should work.

3. TomM18

TomM18 Bit poster

I don't think you read my message. I don't want my VM to have access to the microphone. The problem is the error dialog popping up every hour. Please tell me how to turn it off.

4. TomM18

TomM18 Bit poster

The error message also says, "Please shut "Windows 10 parallels" down, quit Parallels Desktop, open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy and allow Parallels Desktop to access the microphone."

But I do *not* want to give Windows access to my microphone. Please advise.

5. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

Muting the microphone, does not disable it.
    Right click on the speaker in task bar.
    Select 'open sound settings'.
    Find the input device (Microphone (Parallels Audio Controller). Immediately underneath select 'device properties'.
    Bottom of the page 'Device usage', select "Don't use this device (disable)".
    This should stop Windows from trying to use the input device, which is what is giving the error....

6. bbaassssiiee

bbaassssiiee Bit poster

Eve
    This does not work, and every VM says it again. Also, can we skip the Installation Assistent with a preference?

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi guys, we released a new update Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Update 14.1.0 (45387) and this update addressed this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124521

TomM18 likes this.
  8. OLUWASHIKEMI

OLUWASHIKEMI Bit poster

Ever since I updated to the new Mac and windows 10 My sound volume speakers has been very low

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @OLUWASHIKEMI, make sure audio is properly configured in your virtual machine Configuration and keep us posted the results.

10. TerenceP

TerenceP Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem using parallels 14 pro build 45485

11. Did you performed steps above?

12. AndreasG12

AndreasG12 Bit poster

using the latest version and also have the same problem, If Parallels ask for giving permission or not, then is should also be able to handle a no. Please clarity what steps above that is needed to resolve this issue.

13. Hi, are you mean the sounds issue? If no, please provide us with the detailed issue description, we will check and provide you with the possible solution.