Does parallels work with a Dazzle DVD Recorder HD

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CharlesT9, Dec 9, 2018.

1. CharlesT9

CharlesT9 Bit poster

I am using a trial version of Parallels and cannot load the Pinnacle Studios set up disc to the Windows 10 on my Parallel desktop. Is this because its a trial version? The desktop also does not allow me to access the Dazzle recorder when I plug it into the USB (the Dazzle lights up though)?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello CharlesT9, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow https://bit.ly/2N1mrkW to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. CharlesT9

CharlesT9 Bit poster

Thanks. I have now reinstalled parallels tools and also restarted the macbook.

4. CharlesT9

CharlesT9 Bit poster

I see from the pinnacle studio installation disk that it is for windows 8 or 7 or vista and on-line it says you need a patch to make it work with windows 10. tried to install the patch but it won't allow it. Is that because I am still using a trial version of parallels? This is what the on line advice is:
    f you are using the new Dazzle product, with software "Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle," you will need to apply a patch to use it with Windows 10.
    Please follow the steps below:
    1. Restart your PC.
    2. After restart, apply http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleStudio_Patch_1.0.2.exe

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Parallels Desktop trial version does'nt have any limitations, it have the same feature as the standard edition. what happens when you try to install the patch? do you get any error message?

6. CharlesT9

CharlesT9 Bit poster

it says the upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer because the programme to be upgraded maybe missing or the upgrade patch may upgrade a different version.