PD14 Parallels tools not installing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlexA2, Nov 25, 2018.

1. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Always fails at 40%, in the Windows Event log:

Product: Parallels Tools -- Error 1336.There was an error creating a temporary file that is needed to complete this installation. Folder: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\. System error code: 2

I've never had this error before when updating Parallels Tools.

2. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Problem solved, disable Windows Defender real-time scanning. Run 'Install Parallels Tools' from the Action menu and this time it worked.

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello AlexA2, We are glad to hear that you resolved the issue, Thank you for the information provided which will be helpful for me in future.

4. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Again I'm getting the same issue, but this time my previous solution isn't working.

This is the error in the System event log:
    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

and APPID

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

5. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Ok, now the more definitive solution is to Eject the mounted Parallels Toolbox image(usually D:), disable real-time virus scanning and run Parallels Tools installation action from the top menu. This time it went all the way through. This is a key thing because otherwise my mapped drives do not work.

6. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue and thanks for sharing the steps which resolved it. Please post again for additional queries.