Import configuration file

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by LANDRAINE, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LANDRAINE

LANDRAINE Bit poster

Hello,

Is there a way to drop a ".2xc" file so that the application automatically takes into account the settings?
    I tried unsuccessfully "/sdcard/Android/data/com.parallels.client/servers.2xc", "/sdcard/Android/data/com.parallels.client/cache/servers.2xc" and "/sdcard/Android/data/com.parallels .client/ files/servers.2xc ".

Regards,

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@LANDRAINE I don't think so. However you should be able to open the 2xc file with the android client to import its settings. Is there some issue with that functionality?

3. LANDRAINE

LANDRAINE Bit poster

Hi,
    Yes, the terminal does not recognize this extension. When I click, he does not want to open it. And when I want to associate this type of file with "Parallels client" the option is grayed out.

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@LANDRAINE Please make sure that:
    * You are using Parallels Client for Android v16.5.2.x ("triple dots" -> "settings" -> (scroll down) "About Parallels Client"
    * The 2xc file is located in a location accessible by Parallels Client. You will have to . I placed mine in the downloads folder (I had to use a 3rd party file manager to get it to show), but I had to grant the "Parallels Client" the "storage permission" before the client could access it.

Please note that my Android device is on version 6.0, however I do not think that it makes a difference.

If you checked the above steps and still have issues, I suggest to contact parallels support directly, maybe they can provide more insight.

5. LANDRAINE

LANDRAINE Bit poster

Hi,
    I tried all that without success.
    I'm going to take a look at the support.

In the meantime I created an Android application to start the import of the ".2xc" file.

Code:
    File file = new File(Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/servers.2xc");
    Uri data = Uri.fromFile(file);

Intent i = new Intent();
    i.setAction(android.content.Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
    i.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
    i.setDataAndType(data, "application/2xc");
    startActivity(i);

finish();

mik2 and jpc like this.