One Mouse Click = Two Mouse Clicks =(

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidA4, Dec 16, 2018.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I'm running the latest Parallels Desktop with Windows 7 Pro. I'm using software called Altium Designer (engineering CAD software) I've had this setup for three years - but only recently have run into this horrible problem. When I left click the mouse one time the software sees two clicks.

2. Hi DavidA4. Please start the virtual machine, select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and make sure that the tools are installed successfully without any errors. Then restart the virtual machine and check if it works fine.

3. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

What is Parallels Tools? I believe this is something I don't use and don't want. I use Parallels Desktop only to run Windows 7 Pro.

4. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Okay, looks like Parallels Tools isn't Parallels Toolbox. And, I saw that Parallels Tools were already installed on the VM. I followed your procedure and reinstalled Parallels Tools - but he problem persists. A few weeks ago I had a MASSIVE crash due to Parallels attempting to free space up (will never run that again). I had to use a back up PVM file. But, the backup PVM file appears to work normally - not counting this bizarre mouse problem.

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,
    Could you please do the next:
    Please shutdown the VM. Go to the VMConfiguration -> Hardware -> Boot Order -> Advanced and enter the line "devices.hid.log.depth=10000" (without quotes) to the Boot Flags.
    Then start the VM and reproduce the problem. Then go to Parallels Desktop Help -> Send technical data and send a problem report (no need to provide description) and post here its number.

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I fixed the problem by creating a new VM and migrating over.

7. Min-ShiH

Min-ShiH Bit poster

I believe I'm running into the exact same problem. But tried creating new VM and installing altium fresh but still no dice...