Windows disk not persistent on Mac OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by 4everJang, Dec 18, 2018.

1. 4everJang

4everJang Bit poster

Since upgrading to a newer version of Parallels Desktop, access to the Windows disk from the Mac OS is no longer persistent. When trying to access the Windows drive, I can only login as Guest (which will probably never be persistent), Clicking "Connect As" does not bring a dialog in which I can enter my Windows credentials but charges ahead and tries something that always fails.

The virtual network connection does work - when I simply keep the Guest login, I can access the Windows disk. But after I have restarted my Windows or logged out of the Windows user account and logged back in, the link is no longer available and I have to redo the entire procedure. This obviously is not what should be happening and takes a lot of extra time, as I use some developer tools on Mac OS that are not available (or not as good) on WIndows.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @4everJang , please try Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if that works.

3. 4everJang

4everJang Bit poster

Reinstalling Parallels Tools does not change a thing. This behaviour has popped up after upgrading. Somehow there seems to be a change in the way the connection via the pseudo network drive is made. The only thing I can imagine is that the Guest login is never going to be persistent in Windows - but there is no way in the GUI that I can define an account to use on the Windows side, so that the link will automatically be restored when Windows is rebooted.