how to restore all my windows datas and files just from the window 7.hdd

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by charles5, Mar 22, 2016.

1. charles5

charles5 Bit poster

Help!
    i am not sure that because i move the windows 7.pvm file to another directory , i can not open the virtual hard disk (windows 7. pvm with size 32GB). i have checked a lot of methods online, but still have no solutions to restore all my datas and file from the win.7 hdd file. So i call for help here and describe the problem as follows:
    1. the win7.hdd package only has two files with name

Windows 7-0.hdd size 0kb
    Windows 7-0.hdd.0.{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}.hds size 32GB

I checked online that maybe because i missed the DiskDescriptor.xml file and the windows 7. pvm is corrupted, i do not know.
    I upload the screenshot picture.

2. i really hope to recover all my files just from the Windows 7-0.hdd.0.{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}.hds (32GB). i will appreciate your help and sugesstion too much.
    you can contact me through this platform or send me emails (zhaoxubohkust@gmail.com)

Attached Files:

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

3. markmvps

markmvps Bit poster

To restore deleted or lost data from the Windows computer system, you can get the help of a professional data recovery software. There are lots of tools available in the market, I would like to recommend such a software called Kernel for Windows Data Recovery that helps you to recover data from damaged, corrupted or reformatted hard drive of Windows operating system.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2019
  4. taylor456

taylor456 Bit poster

To get all data back from Windows 7 hdd, all you need is a reliable app like file recovery. As long as your data has not been overwritten, it can be restored. Good luck.

5. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

6. Xiongyao1987L

Xiongyao1987L Bit poster

Yes, a file recovery can help you get back the lost data.

7. mmika

mmika Pro

charles5, the problem is missed DiskDescriptor.xml.
    I would expect a file recovery in OS X required, not in Windows.
    Do you remember a size of a virtual disk used in this VM?
    The idea is to create another empty VM with similar virtual disk size and copy Windows 7-0.hdd.0.{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}.hds to
    new VM (for example to New_Windows 7-0.hdd.0.{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}.hds). Then try to start new VM.
    Alternatively you can copy DiskDescriptor.xml from the new VM to old VM hdd folder and fix actual files name used in that file.
    Also a problem report ID would be usefull for complete investigation.
    The method described above will work if original VM doesn't have snapshots.

Maria@Parallels likes this.