Auto-start editor

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by RobertG12, Aug 30, 2017.

1. RobertG12

RobertG12 Bit poster

I would like to have a single place to view and edit all forms of automatically starting apps and processes. It should allow the user to remove completely, or leave in place but disable any automatically started app. This would help keep the system running smoothly and make booting up go faster.

MatthewR20, StoneMoe, RomanM4 and 3 others like this.
  2. StoneMoe

StoneMoe Bit poster

A feature for managing autostart programs, which commonly registered by launchd within LaunchAgent directories etc.

3. JohnG27

JohnG27 Bit poster

Because I work remotely, there are times that I have to connect to the office using Fortinet (FortiClient for Mac), which is a requirement, but...I've spent a lot of time trying to disable it from auto-starting when I boot up my Mac. Of course, this company doesn't provide a means of controlling this, and worse, it's not available using "normal" methods (System Preferences-->Users/Groups-->Login Items). So, a Parallels Toolbox that could sniff ALL startup activity and provide a way to control and/or stop it would be awesome (especially "hidden" or covert startup agents like this annoying FortiClient)!

4. AlexanderR5

AlexanderR5 Bit poster

I'm on Windows 10 and really want to see this implemented as well. The program I used in the past for this no longer offers this feature. What I loved about it was you could set them to Enabled, Disabled, and Delayed Start. Some things show in the Task Manager, but not all. And there isn't a way to set a delayed start natively.