Parallels Access works on iOS, but not through the Web browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by JohnC25, Oct 4, 2016.

1. AdamF2

AdamF2 Bit poster

Their wildcard certificate for *.proxy.myparallels.com expired over two days ago. Parallels failed to renew the certificate prior to expiration. This has caused a total outage of Parallels Access via the web console for the past twenty eight hours and counting.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The issue is resolved now. Please check and let us know if the issue persists.

3. SZEKeith

SZEKeith Bit poster

i still cannot access my computer through web browser...... Any suggestions?

JamesW15 likes this.
  4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SZEKeith , please let us know what happens exactly when you use Parallels Access now?

5. JamesW15

JamesW15 Bit poster

I have the same problem. Works fine through iOS, but cannot connect through the web service.
    The web service seems very buggy. It works erratically. This is not the service I have paid for

6. SZEKeith

SZEKeith Bit poster

Same problem here..... Works fine through iOS, but cannot connect through the web service. It seems many users have the same problem..... please ask your engineers to take a look...

7. LorinT

LorinT Bit poster

This has been happening to me for the past couple of days. iOS connects to my home iMac immediately, but I'm unable to connect from my Win10 laptop. It would be helpful if there was some kind of "We're having problems" message on the web service screen. At least then I would know if the problem is on my end or if it's the server.

8. MikeN4

MikeN4 Bit poster

Having the same issue... has been happening for at least a few days. Previously never had an issue, not sure what changed. My two iMac desktops cannot connect to each other but my iOS app can connect to both. When I attempt from either iMac I can log into my account, see my other computers and click on one to connect. It opens a new window with the URL https://access.parallels.com/console/?hostid=xxxxxx&agentversion=3.2.0-31423 which ends up staying a blank (gray) screen.

Update... just tried this in Chrome for Mac and it is working. It appears the issue is with Safari.. but I quite literally hate chrome and prefer to use Safari so a resolution would be nice. I'm currently running Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2) on macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Shao-Lee likes this.
  9. LorinT

LorinT Bit poster

I'm happy to report that everything was working correctly today. No idea what might have changed.

10. YaronB

YaronB Bit poster

Hello, it is not working for me, when trying to Mac i get the login option but stuck there, with the PC i do not get the login option just see the computer and when click on it doing some spin and done, i can access via my Android app with no issues is there any solution for it?

11. ArchitJ

ArchitJ Bit poster

Stopped working again, and not able to access through browser on different PCs and either on Chrome or Edge.
    Support first answered about a "black screen on iOS" which was not the question, and then about Mac Parallels desktop, which is also not the question. So have been generally incompetent.
    Just bought a subscription, but may have to cancel after this year assuming this is not fixed in the next day or two.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  12. Shao-Lee

Shao-Lee Bit poster

Same here :-(
    Different browsers on different PC's: nothing is displayed.
    The App works just fine.
    I just bought a subscription, too. Please fix this!

13. MartinB12

MartinB12 Bit poster

Same with my two access accounts. The iOS apps are ok. Access via an Internet browser is not possible. I have tested this on different operating systems (MacOS / Windows), different networks (mobile, wired) and of course with different browsers. The response from the support was more or less automatic and not helpful. A rough indication when the problem will be fixed or at least an acknowledgement of the problem is the least I expect from a service provider if I decide to rely upon this service.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  14. AshishN

AshishN Bit poster

Arun@Parallels I am not able to access my Mac from Chrome running on Windows 10. Screen stays blank.

Access on iOS is working fine.
    So many messages have been posted on this thread but hardly any response from support !!

Please fix this on priority.

Thanks
    Ashish

Shao-Lee likes this.
  15. JohnN6

JohnN6 Bit poster

Same issue here, works on iOS, not on any browser from a Windows or a MAC environment. Issue appeared about a week ago when I first tried to access through a browser (Chrome from various window computers, IE from various computers, Safari on a MAC) though may have been longer.

Also, not sure if others are seeing this symptom --> logging into the Parallels account through the internet has become very slow, sometimes taking up to a minute or longer. Didn't use to be that way. Last, I checked that the remote agents were fully updated on my remote computers, and through the update process within the application, the application reported that they were up-to-date (4.0.0). (BTW, I also have the box checked for automatic download and install updates.) In an effort to try to get the access through a browser to work, I tried uninstalling the remote agent, and downloaded and freshly re-installed the agent. To my surprise, the agent is now at version 4.0.3, and the build is a later version (32866). I'm wondering what's happening with Parallels either technically or as a company, as I've been happy with the application for 2 years.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  16. I have the same issue

Shao-Lee likes this.
  17. AshishN

AshishN Bit poster

today I got a better response from Parallels web site about the issue and I have raised a support ticket.

See the screenshot.

Attached Files:

18. JahanzebW

JahanzebW Bit poster

I am also experiencing this issue for several days now. Agent version is 4.0.3 Build 32866. iOS app connects without any problem. Yesterday logging into parallels account in the browser was very slow, if it didn't time out. When I was able to log in, the webpage showing my remote computers would never finish loading (infinite blue circle). Today there is no login issue but remote access using browser is still broken.

Shao-Lee likes this.
  19. DanielF5

DanielF5 Bit poster

I am having the same issue accessing trough safari or chrome, has any progress been made in resolving the issue?

Shao-Lee likes this.
  20. PatrickM3

PatrickM3 Junior Member

I have been having the same issue as well - downtime now is several days - I created a support ticket, so far, no response yet.

Shao-Lee likes this.