How to switch between multiple displays on my Mac when connected from iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by DarrenE1, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DarrenE1

DarrenE1 Bit poster

I can't seem to find any way to switch between the multiple displays when accessing my MacBook Pro from my iPad Pro via Access.
    My MBP has 2 monitors attached, and all I can see via Access is my primary laptop display.
    - Darren

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DarrenE1, you cannot access multiple monitors from iPad Pro via Parallels Access as it does not support multiple monitor access. However, you can switch between apps suggested in this article.

3. LouR

LouR Bit poster

Tried using the application switch--but it didn't work - for example, (if the application was last opened on the 2nd monitor and/or still open on the 2nd monitor) the app switch will not display apps on the iPad which are on the host's 2nd monitor. Is there a work around?

4. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

use the web access, but you will need to authorize your browser via email the first time (and everytime your browser gets updated)

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please disconnect the 2nd monitor from the MacBook Pro. Then, try the application switch function in the MacBook Pro's native screen and let us know if it works therein.
    This is default Parallels Access behavior with web console.

6. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Please add multiple display support in Parallels Access. Unfortunately this is a bit of a dealbreaker for an otherwise very useful app.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello PeterD20. You may drop a feature suggestion here. This page is under constant review by the management and developers.

8. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Thank you for the link, Hemnath! I was looking for a product feedback page but couldn't find one.

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Sure, you're welcome!