Parallels access won't connect on browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by JamesW15, Nov 30, 2017.

1. JamesW15

JamesW15 Bit poster

Previously, access has connected using my browser (from and to the same two computers), although at the best of times, it was russian roulette as to whether the connection would work.
    EVERY TIME, iOS access works.
    Now, again, parallels access via the browser won't connect.
    I have checked all the knowledge base articles, without any improvement.
    Please sort out this flaky system. I am not getting what I'm paying for.

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JamesW15 Parallels Support Here! We would request you to try with the Different Browser and also clear your Browser Cookies and check it helps. And also, please let us know what is exactly happening? Are you getting any error message? Will you be able to see your remote computer? If possible, please share some screenshot to help you further. Thanks, Shathish

3. JamesW15

JamesW15 Bit poster

Hello @Shathish@Parallels
    I was initially using Safari, without luck. When I logged into my parallels access account online, I could see the two remote computers (the one I was using and the other MacBook pro). When I clicked on the remote MBP, a new window opens, it says 'connecting' for a while, then nothing happens. When I clicked on connect again, the same thing happens: it says 'connecting' for a while, then nothing happens.
    Trying it on Firefox produced the same results.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JamesW15 , did you try connecting through some other network and check?

5. EricE4

EricE4 Bit poster

I too am having the same issues when trying to connect using a browser. This was not an issue approximately a month ago. Before Christmas, I was regularly remotely accessing my iMac screen using Parallels Access from home on my Windows 10 PC using Vivaldi browser.
    From Windows 10 PC, both in office and home, using Vivaldi, FireFox and MS Edge. Every computer (one iMac and three Windows 10 PCs) I try connecting to using the browser results in a blank screen. On the iMac, using Vivaldi or Safari, I get the same result trying to connect to any of my Windows PCs.
    On each browser, I have cleared cache & cookies, no difference.
    I am able to connect and access apps on every computer using my iPad with no issues.
    I am now having to resort to installing AnyDesk on every computer I need remote screen access.
    If support would like to set up a remote debug session, I would be happy to help walk them through what is happening.

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello EricE4, We have escalated the issue you reported to the Engineering Team and they are working to address it in one of the future builds of Parallels Access.
    To enable automatic updates, from the Parallels Access Menu, select Preferences 〉 General 〉 Download Updates Automatically.
    While we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at the corresponding knowledge base article page:-< https://kb.parallels.com/123816 >

7. AlexL11

AlexL11 Bit poster

I am having the same issues as above. Windows 10 PC using Chrome, it was working for me on on Dec 19, and has never worked since Jan 2. I can connect each time using my iPad. The Chrome developer mode on shows "Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID'. The knowledge base article does not really seem to apply to this issue. The lack of any helpful information other "future builds of Parallels Access" is frustrating. Is a fix imminent or is it going to be months. An expired certificate should have a known timeline to resolve. If it isn't a certificate issue, then please let us know also.
    I need solid access to mac, and this is making me look for alternatives to Parallels Access.

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello AlexL11.
    Once we know about an ETA, you will too.
    We do not have any information on this from the development team yet.

9. GeraldB7

GeraldB7 Bit poster

I am having a similar issue which *JUST* started on 1/3/19 (last friday). I get a white screen when accessing my MAC. I have been using parallels access for several years and rely on it daily for my *WORK*. It has been a very productive product but the fact you cannot access a MAC has forced me to look into alternatives, I cannot afford to be "down" for several days - need to work and access from client sites my office/development environment. Cannot use other methods such as Parallels RAS since my MAC (host) will be connected to the customer's VPN and is not directly accessible (parallels access works fine with split tunneling so it is an exception).

Please fix this. This issue was not caused by the Parallels Access client 4.0.3. We've been running this version since September. This issue was introduced from a server side change and they need to BACK that change out. If they don't then I will be forced to ditch this product. Currently I am forced to Parallels to a windoze server and then teamviewer into my MAC which works but it sucks from a productivity standpoint :mad:

10. Same issue here. Browser connectivity was fine 12/22/18, found Safari, Explorer, and Chrome unable to connect to any system remotely after 1/1/19.
    The iPad & iPhone app still works fine (for now anyway). It's clearly an issue that these browsers cannot connect. Also noted same issue as AlexL 11 re: the ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    Like the others here, working remotely is very important for our operation here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
  11. Why no response from support?

IsabellaS likes this.
  12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Our development team is both aware of this and is working on it to fix it asap. If it helps for the time being, please access the remote computer from a mobile device.
    We do not have an ETA for the fix, but it has been prioritized appropriately. You can track the changes in the product here - http://kb.parallels.com/123816 -.

13. AlexL11

AlexL11 Bit poster

One of the sad things about this issue is that in December it was working well and I recommended Parallels Access to some people in December....

14. Hi. The issue has been fixed and now you can access your remote computer using Parallels Access web console without any issues.

15. MargaretV

MargaretV Bit poster

Not yet. Still no luck.

16. MargaretV

MargaretV Bit poster

Well, now I can get in but only on Chrome, not Internet Explorer

17. AlexL11

AlexL11 Bit poster

It is now working for me as of Jan 10, 1019 9:00am CST. Yeah!

18. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Perfect, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

19. JohnR28

JohnR28 Bit poster

Seems this issue has reappeared. I am having the exact same issue right now

20. EricE4

EricE4 Bit poster

I was able to fix a similar unable to connect issue by turning off an Ad Blocking app called TrackOFF. This app is not a browser add-in, but a background app that traps ad tracking requests and appears to interfere with Parallels Access on the Mac.