Parallels Access Multiple Display Support

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PeterD20, Jan 10, 2019.

1. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

As per this thread, I'm submitting a feature request for Parallels Access: please add support for external displays.

A little background: if an Access host computer has an external display connected, and if an app on the computer is displayed on the external display, then the app is unusable in Parallels Access, even though it will appear in the list of available apps.

Thanks,

Peter

2. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Hi Peter,
    Can you provide some additional details? Were you connecting from mobile app or via a web browser? did you have a desktop mode on?

3. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Hi Alex, thanks for the quick response. I was connecting via the mobile app. Tried desktop mode on and off. At best I'll see the menu bar and a "Parallels Access" background. Note that the Parallels Access agent is on a MacBook Pro.

4. Alex Patsay

Thanks. This seems to be a bug, as mirroring that Parallels Access Agent enables when connection is established, should bring all windows to one mirrored display. Can you submit technical data from the Agent and provide me with Report ID? I'll ask the team to investigate.

5. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your patience. Haven't had a real opportunity to test this since you wrote. But I'm encountering the issue right now, and have filed a report as requested. Report ID #295599444.

Thanks again. I'm glad to hear that this just might be a bug because otherwise Parallels Access is a brilliant product.

6. Alex Patsay

Thank you, Peter. I have filed this as a bug for the next update, and asked the team to investigate.

7. PeterD20

PeterD20 Bit poster

And thank you, too, for your attention to this and your responsiveness. Huge Parallels fan here. Feel free to reach out if you or team need more info or a tester.

8. DariusR1

DariusR1 Bit poster

I think this problem persists. When attempting to connect from iPad to MacBook Pro (with external display) the external display on the MacBook Pro is not visible or accessible. there is an app with the desired app list but if the app is on the external display it is not accessible/visible.

9. AlexanderA2

AlexanderA2 Junior Member

Same here, Parallels Access does not work in 2 situations:
    1. Accessing from my MacBook Air my MacBook Pro connected to an external display (Thunderbolt 27"), extended desktop mode (NOT mirrored); the log in leads to a gray screen
    2. Accessing from my MacBook Air my work server, running Windows Server 2008 R2 (single display); works fine accessing from my iPhone
    Both issues have been around for awhile. Please help! Thank you!

10. RobertM71

RobertM71 Bit poster

I am seeing this same behavior. I have a MacBook Pro M1 Pro

11. Markus12

Markus12 Bit poster

I would like to request for a feature in Parallels Access for iOS - external display support for iPad.
    It would be great if the iOS App could make use of an external display connected to my iPad Pro M1. Meaning to use the external screen in full resolution rather than mirroring my iPad screen. By this one could use the iPad as proper Laptop replacement when traveling and connecting back to the Access Host. Would be great if this request could be considered in a future app update.
    Thanks,
    Markus

12. ReubenF1

ReubenF1 Bit poster

I have the same issue here, is there a fix/workaround for this issue?

13. SergeM2

SergeM2 Bit poster

Ditto, more than 3 years after this thread started and the bug was initially reported, this issue still exists...

14. EgorE1

EgorE1

It's so freaking annoying