Possible to reset USB permanent assignment list?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SheldonD, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Is it possible to delete listing of assigned usb devices as there are many "variations", i.e. iphone #2,#3,#4 etc. would want to make a bit more user friendly...

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. kat

kat Product Expert

You can reset one or all to ask which OS you wish the USB device to connect to while the VM is active/on. As log as you have have the "Ask Me What To Do" button selected and don't reassign them to a particular OS. You will have the choice each time the USB device is attached to your computer. The following Knowledgebase article: Item # 3 show how to remove items from the assigned list by using the "-". It further explains that you may need to download individual drivers for your USB devices.
    Hope this helps.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Thanks very much for the quick reply and information. I'm aware of the steps you listed and applied when necessary. To further clarify my request, I am wanting to "reset" the entire list to no devices listed and essentially start from scratch. I have many variations of the same devices listed. This may seem a bit "anul", but I would want to be able to edit. Have a wonderful morning!

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi SheldonD,
    It may be a bit time consuming but you can remove them all and start from scratch.

Maria@Parallels likes this.