Ubuntu 7.04 Server Won't Boot After Install

Discussion in 'Linux Guest OS Discussion' started by adweed, Sep 29, 2007.

1. adweed

adweed Bit poster

I've just upgraded to Parallels 2204 Workstation and tried using the new "Ubuntu" VM ID to install Ubuntu 7.04 Server from the iso CD image. After successfully installing Ubuntu 7.04 Server and rebooting, Ubuntu gets as far as the "Starting up ..." message and quits.

I'm seeing quite a few other posts about this same issue over on the Parallels Mac forum, but I don't believe they have the "Ubuntu" ID to select when configuring their VMs. My existing installed version of Ubuntu 7.04 Desktop survived the update to Parallels 2204 with no issues what ever (so far). The new Parallels Tools for Linux seem to be working fine too.

Does anyone have a solution for getting Ubuntu 7.04 Server installed on Parallels Workstation 2204?

-Andy

2. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

hi,
    try to remove "quiet" param from kernels params list in view of try to determine issue that not let to startup Ubuntu guest

3. MitchB

MitchB Bit poster

I tried removing the 'quiet' parameter. Still the VM shows 'Starting up..' for 1 second and Parallels quits.

4. adweed

adweed Bit poster

This appears to be an issue for the Parallels developers to take on.

-Andy

5. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

The issue is described here. PAE support will be provided in future.

6. Russ

Russ Bit poster

I have the same problem with RH Linux AS4. System says "booting Kernel" then stops. Is there a similar fix?

7. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

Why the link to an article that is for mac, not windows/linux?

This post is in the windows/linux forum so i would think he is using windows/linux!

don

8. adweed

adweed Bit poster

Dglock2,

Yes my original post was about using Parallels Workstation on WindowsXP and Ubuntu 7.04 Server as a guest OS.