Parallels 14 (currently DEMO) fails to import BootCamp

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DarKxRaideR, Feb 4, 2019.

1. DarKxRaideR

DarKxRaideR Bit poster

Hello community,
    I had a MBP Retina 2013 and recently switched to a new MBP Retina with TB, sadly I realised that I was unable to get my Win7Pro BootCamp over to my new MBPR. I used the migration assistent to successfully transfer all my macOS stuff over but for the BootCamp all solutions failed (WinClone Pro i.e.).

So I read that Parallels has an option to create a VM out of my BootCamp so I thought I might give it a try. So I installed the DEMO on my old MBPR and made the BootCamp available and then I tried to use the "Import BootCamp" Function from the Parallels Controlcenter. The process takes around 2 hours but keeps failing every time with no specific error code or solution, I can click on a link that it supplys, but only get to the knowledge base startpage. I searched the KB but didn't found a suitable advise or solution.

What I read elsewhere was that I might use chkdsk prior to importing it, which I did but it still fails. I reinstalled Parallels Tools within my Windows 7 but the problem remains.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

2. DarKxRaideR

DarKxRaideR Bit poster

3. Hi, @DarKxRaideR and did you get any error during the checkdisk process?
    Also please generate the problem report right after the issue reproduced and reply us back with the report ID.