Slow download performance in bridged mode - upload is fine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Tim11, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Tim11

Tim11 Bit poster

Hi,
    Hopefully someone has had this fault before, basically regardless of network adapter type when in bridge mode I get sluggish download, 5-10mbps on say a speed test website with 480Mbps upload speed (internet is 500Mbps both ways). If I switch the adapter into shared mode I receive similar speeds both ways.

I tested uploading some files to the virtual machine and 1Gb file takes about 5-15 minutes, downloading the file off a network share on the virtual machine takes around a minute.

I'm running the latest version of Parallels Desktop 14 on Mac OS 10.12.

Removed network adapter in windows, reset to default the adapter in preferences under parallels, adjusted system optimisation to no limit, added in network conditions under the adapter settings all of which does not seem to help. If I adjust individual network adapter settings under device manager going through all options, nothing at all makes a single bit of difference.

I'm using HP switches so don't think the Cisco thing is an issue (although it was working absolutely fine) and no updates have been done from the switches.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. Tim11

Tim11 Bit poster

Hi, Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I've tried all of these options. I've tried all of the hardware adapters in Parallels from the intel to the red-hat versions all of which produce the exact same results. Moment I switch into shared mode the internet speed comes back absolutely fine however for what I use parallels for this is not suitable as I need the client machine visible on the rest of the network.

Really frustrating, I've seen other people with the same issue online as well!

Thanks

Tim

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Do you have any third party anti-virus or firewall installed on your Mac?

5. Tim11

Tim11 Bit poster

Hello,

Unfortunately not, one of the first things we disabled both in the VM and also on the Mac itself.
    Really odd one to be honest!

Thanks

Tim

6. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

follow the steps in this article to investigate the issue further.