Game won't load in parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by IonB, Oct 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. IonB

IonB Bit poster

I have a new 2018 15" MacBook Pro, parallels 14, windows 10 and installed The Witcher 3 game, tried to load the game but I only get a screen flicker and nothing loads, no errors. Every application and OS is up to date, I read some of the forums with similar issues and so far I have made sure parallels VM is setup for gaming, I turned off the windows antivirus and firewall. nothing has helped yet.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @IonB , please follow the steps suggested in the article and check if that works.

3. Ethan_Bryan

Ethan_Bryan Bit poster

Also ran into this problem. Thanks for the answer, really helped.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello EthanB1, You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

5. NikolasM

NikolasM Bit poster

I have the same problem. None of the troubleshooting above helped.
    Just bought Parallels only to run games at Steam. This is a bit disappointing now.

6. MableP

MableP Bit poster

I also faced similar problems.None of the above feedbacks helped.Dont know what to do next.Its too disappointing.
    burger king survey

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  7. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

I'm having a very similar problem. Every time I attempt to run any game on Steam, I get one of a few error notifications -- the most common being, "Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt'". This same error has come up when attempting to launch multiple games. I already tried the troubleshooting mentioned above, but it says the Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) is installed and does not have a question mark. I've already tried downloading and redownloading Parallels, to no avail.

Additionally, it has a habit of spontaneously magnifying to ~400-500% zoom and staying on the bottom left hand corner, making the machine inoperable, and this persists even after shutting it down completely and turning it back on. It only goes back to normal when... shoot, when the planets align right or something, I don't know. Anyway, pleeeeeeeease help

8. Hello, could you collect the tech report once the issue reoccurs and post the report's ID here please?

9. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

Hi! Ok, here's the report number for the inescapable zoom. I'll file a separate one for the steam error (likely also with inescapable zoom, as... well, it's inescapable.)

10. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

Sorry, probably should have attached the number, lol. I'm not the brightest.

11. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

And here's the report with the Steam issue (and also, everybody's favorite, the inescapable zoom)

12. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

Figured out the zoom thing -- it was automatically setting the resolution to like 900x460 or whatever. No clue why. Think it tried to auto-set the resolution for a game or app once and then just kept auto-setting it to the game resolution.

13. DanielU4

DanielU4 Bit poster

And just for fun, here's attempting to launch Trackmania from the Epic Games launcher. "files missing", of course, after verification and redownloading 5x